JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Add the option to enable Battery bypass when not playing games

(Topic created: 07-12-2023 06:11 AM)
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Add the option to enable battery bypass even when not playing games. When my phone charges to 100% in the morning, I want to be able to have battery bypass automatically enable itself so my phone stays at 100% battery until I take it off the charger. Samsung phones have much faster battery life degradation than other smartphones because they don't allow the user to access valuable features like this one.

BATTERY BYPASS SHOULD NOT BE LIMITED TO USE DURING GAMING!!!!! Let me activate battery bypass any time I want and let me incorporate battery bypass into my Bixby routines. And let me use "battery reaches 100%" as a condition to trigger a routine.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options

Thank you picknassaro,  for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

View solution in context

0 Likes
5 Replies
TheGalaxy
Sun
Options

"Samsung phones have much faster battery life degradation than other smartphones because they don't allow the user to access valuable features like this one."
Incorrect. Battery degradation almost certainly is a user's lack of knowledge how to deal with lithium ion battery.

"When my phone charges to 100% in the morning, I want to be able to have battery bypass automatically enable itself so my phone stays at 100% battery until I take it off the charger"
If you do this, you admit that you are the one causing battery degradation.

There is no such thing as battery bypass in the industry. All there is, is marketing.

The flow of electricity always in the directing of the least negatively charge (voltage). Your charger will always provide a greater voltage than your battery to insure the flow of electricity. The only real way to bypass battery is to disconnect from charger.

If you want to prolong your battery, you shouldn't charge to 100%. 20%-80% is the best way of protecting your battery.
ButtaBean_420
Black Hole
Options
👏👏👏
0 Likes
Sun
Options
Turn on "protect Battery", that way your battery won't go over 85% and it will turn off charging at 85%.
Sprocket99
Comet
Options
You can actually charge to 100% just fine lol. Its keeping it plugged in that's the main issue.

Some devices actually do fantastic being plugged in 24/7. I have an Android tablet that I left plugged in for many years and the battery was still going good the whole time when it rarely got unplugged such as during power outages. A screen problem ended that one, not the battery. Others from certain manufacturers will have the battery go round in a few months.

I've tried it all. Samsung is actually very good at 100%. I have a 5+ year old Samsung that I only charged to 100% still with near normal battery life. You don't need to use the 85% protection if you don't want.

Batteries can have various faults and die early anyway.

When playing games, I may keep the phone plugged in for a bit. But, at a certain point and especially before the day ends, make sure to unplug it. Personally, that's all I ever do. I just time it so its at 100% or going up when I'm done a game for the day.
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options

Thank you picknassaro,  for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

0 Likes