Original topic:

Messages app crashing

(Topic created: 05-28-2024 06:22 PM)
Papyrus16
Pilot
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

My Samsung Messages app keeps closing. I've restarted my phone multiple times. I've gone to Settings > App Settings > Messages > Storage and hit Clear cache and Clear data. When I do this, the space used for cache and data go down to 0, but then immediately go back up to the original storage amounts when I reopen Messages.

I found a previous conversation about Messages crashing in Dec 2023 and tried following the instructions but when I held down the power button and volume up with the phone turned off, the phone restarted as normal, even though I held them down until after the Samsung logo disappeared.

If I can't fix it, can I install a different app for

My Google storage is 94% full. Could that be connected?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
2,577 Replies
Members_css2qJ4
Constellation
Options

I followed the instructions to force stop the google meet app and uninstalled the updates; it worked, messages are no longer crashing. It has certainly had me frustrated all day, what a relief.

0 Likes
Linsey Williams
Constellation
Options

I don't have or can't find Google Meet.  I have tried everything I can think of but Message still crashes/stops

0 Likes
userN54kWHwFmQ
Constellation
Options
Message app shuts down. I can't respond to text messages.
0 Likes
Whiterice72
Constellation
Options
Yes! So annoying. Following an OS update last night.
0 Likes
GaryB82
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Disable Google Meets in settings, and it will allow messages to start working again
Open app drawer search for Meets once it's located long press on it and select disable

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
userE7a4Fj5YOJ
Constellation
Options
This happened after new update @userikvm09jwe4n please fix
0 Likes
GaryB82
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
It's being worked on in the mean time disable Google Meet and messages will work again

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
MyRedhead
Constellation
Options
Messages App shuts down, not able to type and send all day today 😳
Jora1066
Constellation
Options
Me as well
userBZNS7vU0nw
Constellation
Options
Mine has been doing that since this morning, any idea on when it will be resolved