Original topic:

SD CARD TRANSFER TO PHONE WITHOUT SD CARD

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
ElenaI
Astronaut
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
  • My SD card on my current phone has about over 25 to 30 folders made in my picture gallery I want to know if I leave the SD card in my S10 plus my old phone and I do a Smart Switch transfer to a new phone will the Smart Switch pick up all my photos from the SD card and put them on the new phone in the folders the way that they are on the SD card in my old phone no one can seems to give me an answer they just want to sell you the phone and I need an answer before I get a new phone
0 Likes
3 Replies
EdwinRogel
Astronaut
Options
You should be able to perform a smart switch even with the SD card.

Smart Switch gives you an option on what you would like to upload and what can be opted out. This should include files on an SD card, phone settings, contacts etc.

Alternatively, like that other comment said you can upload all the files to Google Drive, Quick Share and many more options.

siegfre
Cosmic Ray
Options
. . . or copy old phone SD card folders to computer then transfer to new phone
Sarge2
Comet
Options
Yes, you can upload your saved folders photos from your SD card to a phone without a memory card via Smart Switch. Be sure you transfer all (when I did mine it asked to include SD card or had a little drawing of a SD card in upper right corner to include same sorry it has been over a year since I last did this). I had labeled all my folders as SD (ie SD Notification tones) so I knew those came over from the SD card vs the internal Notifications on internal device storage tones. When the transfer completes, you can delete the duplicate files created on new internal device storage. Hope this helps.
0 Likes