Original topic:

Samsung Notes not syncing with OneNote

(Topic created: Thursday)
rNoL6kP
Constellation
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

I have the Fold 6 and have set up Samsung notes to sync with OneNote. I found that even though all folders were selected to sync, no notes in the folders would sync. I moved all notes to the general folder (6 notes) and only 2 notes synced. (shown in the OneNote Feed). Any help/guidance please. 

1 Reply
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Hello, Welcome to the Community. We understand the concern with Gallery Samsung Notes not syncing with OneDrive.

We have several steps to try to fix the apps not syncing together. (I will be repeating steps you've already tried, so that they are posted for other readers.)

1. Ensure the phone has a stable internet connection. Syncing requires an active internet connection to transfer data between the apps.

2. Make sure both your Samsung Notes app and OneNote app are updated to the latest versions available from their respective app stores. Updates often include bug fixes and improved syncing capabilities.

3. Unlink and relink your accounts. To do this, follow these steps:

a. In OneNote, go to File > Account Settings > Linked Accounts.

b. Select the Samsung account that you want to unlink and click Unlink.

c. Click Close.

d. In Samsung Notes, go to Settings > Sync.

e. Under OneNote, uncheck the Sync with OneNote check box.

f. Click Save.

g. In OneNote, go to File > Account Settings > Linked Accounts.

h. Click Add Account and follow the instructions to add your Samsung account back.

4. Clear cache and data: Clear the cache and data of both the Samsung Notes and OneNote apps. This can help resolve any temporary issues or conflicts that may be causing the syncing problem. Go to your phone's Settings, find the Apps or Application Manager section, locate Samsung Notes and OneNote, and clear the cache and data for both apps.

5. Make sure you have sufficient storage space in your OneDrive account and on the phone. If either are low on storage, it might affect the syncing process.

6. Prevent Samsung Notes from sleeping.

1. Open the Settings app and navigate to Battery and device care > Battery.
  2. Tap on Never sleeping apps.
  3. Tap the plus icon in the top right corner.
  4. Select Samsung Notes and tap on Add.

7. Check app permissions.

1. Long press on the Samsung Notes app and tap the info icon.
  2. Go to Permissions.
  3. Go through each permission and enable them one by one.

8. Enable automatic date and time.

1. Open the Settings app and navigate to General management > Date and time.
  2. Enable the toggle next to Automatic date and time.

If you continue to experience a concern with the two apps not syncing, we recommend submitting an error report. https://www.samsung.com/ae/support/mobile-devices/raising-an-error-report-via-samsung-members-app/

0 Likes