JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung sending unwanted verification codes without requesting

(Topic created: 04-25-2023 11:33 PM)
Sea_Sponge_
Constellation
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Recently Samsung has been sending alot of SMS verification codes without me requesting for one.

First I assumed that my account was compromised so I reset my password and two factor. After this a day later the text kept coming.

I reset my password again to a 30+ length password and still kept receiving the texts.

I have only my phone and watch as logged in devices and removed all other trusted and logged in devices.

I'm mostly confident that my account is safe but why am I still receiving the texts.

I've looked online and some other people are receiving the exact same text as me so it may be happening to other people.

I've attached an image of my SMS with a real request and the fake requests.

Any help would be appreciated

Screenshot_20230426_162308_Messages.jpg

 the string after the verification code is always the same and is the same that other people get.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options

Hello Sea_Sponge_, thank you for posting. Welcome to the Samsung Community. I understand you are receiving unwanted verifications codes without request.  Please contact Samsung Accounts for related concerns at 1-855-795-0509.

View solution in context

0 Likes
4 Replies
priyanka23
Constellation
Options

try disconnecting from the network. It should stop the messages.

0 Likes
Yamialex224
Honored Contributor
Options
Contact Samsung cause clearly there is a reason codes are being sent to you
0 Likes
ANagleC
Constellation
Options
Maybe I missed something, but wouldn't Samsung automatically send a code since you have 2 factor verification enabled?
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options

Hello Sea_Sponge_, thank you for posting. Welcome to the Samsung Community. I understand you are receiving unwanted verifications codes without request.  Please contact Samsung Accounts for related concerns at 1-855-795-0509.

0 Likes