JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Not able to use Wi-Fi calling option when phone has no service

(Topic created: 04-28-2023 04:35 PM)
HarleyJ1
Asteroid
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Soo Samsung what is the use of having the wifi calling option on your phones if it's not able to be used on a wifi network when your phone has no service?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Ekamek
Black Hole
Options
WiFi calling is a service provided by your carrier. Some don't support it even if feature is on the phone. Remember that there is a possibility of service interruption on your WiFi network as well when cellular network has issues. The signal strength on your phone just indicates the link to your router. A link analysis will provide better picture of service.

View solution in context

0 Likes
10 Replies
TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
Take it up with your carrier.
HarleyJ1
Asteroid
Options
I may have to I didn't know if it's my carrier or the Samsung device it self.
0 Likes
Options
Make sure you have it set up 1st. It's not automatically connected to wifi calling with you setting it up. Takes about 1 minute. Go to your settings on your device and type in wifi calling to start the set up
0 Likes
HarleyJ1
Asteroid
Options

Wifi calling is turned on and I'm connected to a WIFI network I would even go so far as to turn off mobile data still nothing like 

0 Likes
Solution
Ekamek
Black Hole
Options
WiFi calling is a service provided by your carrier. Some don't support it even if feature is on the phone. Remember that there is a possibility of service interruption on your WiFi network as well when cellular network has issues. The signal strength on your phone just indicates the link to your router. A link analysis will provide better picture of service.
0 Likes
HarleyJ1
Asteroid
Options
Thanks for explaining that man it really helped.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Useless. Honestly
King_Evx
Astronaut
Options
Wifi Calling still goes through your carrier, it's just a faster connection, which is why you still need data, because you still have to pay for the service. Samsung isn't providing their own wifi communication service lol.
0 Likes
HarleyJ1
Asteroid
Options
I know I'm connected to my own home WiFI and it still won't go through so why give the option at all when it's not true WIFI calling I still need to go through my carrier.
0 Likes