JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Updated contacts not updating in Google Messages

(Topic created: 03-26-2024 07:54 PM)
Smithint
Galaxy
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Question: when you update a contact in your contacts list, isn't the contact info supposed to update in Google messages also šŸ¤”. Also how do you update Google messages manually..?? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Hey there.

Technically, when you update a contact photo in your contacts, it should update in Google Messages as well but I've seen it not apply and sometimes, it does. Unfortunately I haven't figured out why it does this.

To update the app manually, you'd need to get the updated APK or APKS and install it using either the built-in package installer or a third party installer such as SAI.

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "āœ“ Accept as Solution" button.

View solution in context

2 Replies
Josue Santamaria
Astronaut
Options
Google is a 3rd party. You need to do it manually since you have configured it to be saved on your cell phone and not in the Google account.
0 Likes
Solution
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Hey there.

Technically, when you update a contact photo in your contacts, it should update in Google Messages as well but I've seen it not apply and sometimes, it does. Unfortunately I haven't figured out why it does this.

To update the app manually, you'd need to get the updated APK or APKS and install it using either the built-in package installer or a third party installer such as SAI.

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "āœ“ Accept as Solution" button.