JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

SmartThings possibly resetting

(Topic created: 07-18-2023 03:05 PM)
dte230
Comet
Options
Smart Home Support
I have a SmartThings Hub running on an Xfinity 1.2 gb Network and we can't distinguish if it's the Hub or the modern or the internet that goes down as many as four or five times a day. Is there any type of notice out or has anyone experienced continued outages with SmartThings hub? I doubt that it is but I have to eliminate each piece individually

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
dte230
Comet
Options
Smart Home Support

I threw out xfinity and put in T Mobile Home Internet and have higher speeds and not a glitch or slowdown. No cable, just plug the unit into an electrical outlet and will blast wifi all over the house. I can get 500-600 down and 120 up and its half the price

View solution in context

0 Likes
2 Replies
Sprocket99
Comet
Options
Smart Home Support
There's things you can do to narrow it down depending on what you do and are capable of doing.

I suppose this pertains to you: https://status.smartthings.com/

But, you probably need to narrow down still your equipment there. I don't see the SmartThings online half being down like that. That's not how any service should operate.

It could even be a flakey lan port, cable, or something else.

It shouldn't be normal for anyone to have that happen so as to ask really.
0 Likes
Solution
dte230
Comet
Options
Smart Home Support

I threw out xfinity and put in T Mobile Home Internet and have higher speeds and not a glitch or slowdown. No cable, just plug the unit into an electrical outlet and will blast wifi all over the house. I can get 500-600 down and 120 up and its half the price

0 Likes