JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

A9+ security update?

(Topic created: 03-08-2024 12:38 PM)
Thats-disappointing
Constellation
Options
Tablets

I just bought an A9+ and was disappointed to find out that it hasn't had a security update yet, which means it's behind what its supposed to be and thus my work profile isn't allowed to log in on the device.

Is there a schedule release for this update? Or do I need to return this device?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets
New tablets get quarterly updates. So you can expect the update some time after 3 months since the last update. Other than "Quarterly", there is no published schedule
** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV

View solution in context

4 Replies
Solution
bill-e
Options
Tablets
New tablets get quarterly updates. So you can expect the update some time after 3 months since the last update. Other than "Quarterly", there is no published schedule
** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV
sparkktv
Constellation
Options
Tablets

When the A9+ was released in the USA in January, it was released with a pending update that was dated for December which included the October Security Update. So I would say it's a lot of months behind schedule. The official update page shows it also.

https://doc.samsungmobile.com/SM-X210/XAR/doc.html

One would think since it was released in January that April would be the latest for an update but  since the last update was December, it should be March. But for some reason we haven't even seen Android 14 update yet and the A9+ seems to be missing from the list yet A9 is on the list which isn't even out yet.

Just my two sense but I feel like the A9+ should be getting updates before the A8 which it's replacing which already got the Android 14 update.

0 Likes
bill-e
Options
Tablets

Just to clarify my comment, my experience is that it's quarterly from the last software update not the date of the security patch, which can and has been a month or two behind the date of the update.   Sometimes we even get updates which do not change the date of the security patch. 

Bill
---
0 Likes
Thats-disappointing
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Well, I guess it's something to leave a negative review over.... pretty ridiculous, if you ask me.