JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Feature Request | Android: Option for Control Button Mapping

(Topic created: 11-30-2022 02:06 PM)
jRome741
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Currently I use a Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra with Samsung DEx. When at home, I use a bluetooth keyboard and mouse for input; when traveling I use the Samsung Cover keyboard. Prior to the tablet, I used (and on occasion, still do) a Samsung Chromebook. The one input feature that I would love to see ported to android is the ability to map the control button. Because of my extreme use of key combinations involving control, I typically prefer to have the ctrl key mapped to Caps Lock, thereby reducing the amount of finger stretching and need to re-align my hands every time it's used. I did use a third party key mapper at one point to accomplish this, but it also messed with native keyboard shortcuts within Android; and so I abandoned its use.

1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Tablets

Thank you for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.