Original topic:

Special Access Settings

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
Treesapp
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Hello my question is on the galaxy tab a. I'm trying to set it up for my dad and some of the settings are strange to me. In settings, apps , special access. Where it has the list of things you either do or do not want on or those apps to have use of. Anyways down at the bottom of the list it says WiFi control. When I opened and try to turn off the WiFi access it will not let me do so for the camera, customization service, deco pic, Google, play service, play store, maps and many more. Is this normal? This doesn't seem normal to me. Galaxy Tab A,- One UI 3.1 Android version 11.

(I know it's old but my dad is too so hopeful they will be compatible.. jk)

Thanks in advance 

3 Replies
JLo33
Galaxy
Options
Tablets
For the most part, it should be fine with those apps having WiFi control. I just realized that I hadn't turned off my apps' WiFi control.
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Tablets

Some apps have required permissions, or they won't work properly.  The camera, for instance, requires access to wi-fi for sharing.  If you can't turn the permissions off, don't worry about it, just let them be.

Treesapp
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
Ok thank you. I guess I'm just not used to not being able to turn off or on whatever I feel like shouldn't have control like that. That's why it just seemed weird. I wish there was something set up that had the info like that. "This model and these settings cannot be changed." That would save me time. This tablet is used and I don't know enough about any of it to know if something is spying or not. It's way above my skills.
0 Likes