JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Forgot Password for Tablet E, Cannot Power Off, and Power/Volume Up doesn't help

(Topic created: 01-31-2024 02:40 PM)
user00nk49H8Ys
Constellation
Options
Tablets

I found an old tablet that a relative gave me in a drawer somewhere, but no one seems to remember the password. Since no one knew it was there, it wasn't logged into Samsung or Google retrieval. I can't get the device to power off, and all the power/volume up combination does is restart the device.What can I do?

3 Replies
Tidbitty
Supernova
Options
Tablets
Hold power down until it shuts off. Should take like 10-15 seconds.
0 Likes
user00nk49H8Ys
Constellation
Options
Tablets

First thing I tried. It turns off the screen. I left the button held for 30 seconds just to be sure.

Power and volume down restarts.

Powe/volume down/home brings you to the custom os screen.

0 Likes
Solution
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

If your device is registered with Samsung on Samsung.com you can reset the password on findmymobile.samsung.com 

Factory Resetting the tablet will not work because at setup you will be prompted for the password. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV