JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

GALAXY TAB S9 FE SHUTS DOWN RATHER THAN SLEEP

(Topic created: Monday)
Hsan666
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Has there been a recent Samsung fw/sw update?

My Tab shuts down completely after about 60secs of non-use rather than sleeping, requiring On button / Down Volume press to start the tablet to boot up and then use as normal.

Even the On/Down Volume press takes multiple tries to get the restart/ boot to commence.

I had not varied the configs from new (6 months) when the Tab suddenly started to do this after a couple of hors non-use and I found it had shut down.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Hsan666
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Thankyou for the response! Unfortunately didn't fix.

I eventually did a "Settings > General Management > Reset > Reset All Settings", and this looks have done the job!

fwiw:  "Settings > General Management > Reset > Reset Accessibility Settings"  didn't help.

View solution in context

2 Replies
MrXGeekX
Galaxy
Options
Tablets
If your Galaxy Tab 9 FE shuts down completely instead of sleeping after 60 seconds of inactivity, start by checking the power settings in Settings > Battery and device care > Battery to ensure they are correctly configured. Update the tabletā€™s software in Settings > Software update, and perform a soft reset by holding down the Power button for about 10 seconds. Test in Safe Mode to see if a third-party app is causing the issue. If the problem persists, it may be hardware-related
Solution
Hsan666
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Thankyou for the response! Unfortunately didn't fix.

I eventually did a "Settings > General Management > Reset > Reset All Settings", and this looks have done the job!

fwiw:  "Settings > General Management > Reset > Reset Accessibility Settings"  didn't help.