Original topic:

Locked out

(Topic created: 09-01-2023 09:35 PM)
Jeffthechef
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

My Samsung galaxy s7 tablet is locked out I do not remember setting a password on the tablet. Without setting the factory reset and I can't do that either cause I'm locked out. How do I get this to open up with out the password? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
pastell
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

I signed in through my email with a one time code. what about my password error?

View solution in context

8 Replies
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets
Sign into your Samsung account below. You should be able to unlock your tablet and change the password.

https://smartthingsfind.samsung.com/login
Jeffthechef
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
Smartthings can't help cause it says I do not have anything registered
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets
Oh I see. 😢 Did you not register your tablet to be unlocked remotely?
0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

try findmymobile.samsung.com but of course you would have to enable it in the tablet Settings. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes
Jeffthechef
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
This is what it says now I Had to wait 2 hrs now whats it do go up to 24 hrs20230902_170016_1000007143_1693688420.jpg
0 Likes
Hake
Comet
Options
Tablets
You may unfortunately have to factory reset it if you didn't set up remote unlock or it isn't on your Samsung account

I've done it before on a tab a 2019:

Drain the battery completely on the tablet until it shuts down

Plug in a charger and wait for it to charge a few percent

Now hold the power and volume up buttons until the Samsung logo appears

Then, using the volume buttons select wipe data/factory reset

It should now reset, and after the reset when you go to set it up again you might have to provide you Google account password.
0 Likes
Solution
pastell
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

I signed in through my email with a one time code. what about my password error?

pastell
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
What about the password error for next time cause I'm gonna signout
0 Likes