JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

One UI 5.1.1 (BUG) - Flipping screen doesn't flip all elements

(Topic created: 11-12-2023 06:11 AM)
asiaminor2k
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets

EDIT: Doesn't happen in Tab S9 on OO 5.1.1 so possibly specific to Tab S7+.

Bug introduced after One UI 2.5: Flipping tablet 180 degrees will maintain position of all on-screen elements EXCEPT app windows - app window opens in the opposite location on-screen. Example: open My Files app, move it to left side of screen, turn tablet 180 degrees (left or right), observe all on-screen elements flip and maintain position but My Files app window now appears on the right side. Flip 180 degrees to original position and app window is back in original position. 99% certain this didn't happen in OO 2.5.

0 Likes
7 Replies
LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

@asiaminor2k The best place to report this is in the Samsung Members app. 

1. Open the app
  2. Click on Support in bottom right
  3. Click on Error reports in the Send feedback section
0 Likes
LongHiker
Options
Tablets

@asiaminor2k BTW, I'm unable to duplicate this on my Tab s8+ running 5.1.1. Or I am misunderstanding your configuration. 

0 Likes
asiaminor2k
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets

Galaxy Tab S7+, OO 5.1.1 .

- open a sample app (eg My Files) and move it to one side of the home screen (keep it visible)

- turn (like a steering wheel) the entire tablet 180 degrees so the home screen flips

- observe: does the sample app window move to the opposite side of the home screen (expected) or stay on the original side?

0 Likes
LongHiker
Options
Tablets
It stays on the correct side.
0 Likes
asiaminor2k
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets

Hmm.

To be specific (and I think I worded it poorly earlier): I move a window to the right side, flip the screen, and expect the window to stay on the right side, which is what you reported. Thanks for the info.

On Galaxy Tab S7+ OO 5.1.1, this doesn't happen... window stays on the original side (I.e., its position remains regardless of Flipping).

I was able to test on Galaxy Tab S9 OO 5.1.1 and it does exactly as expected and as you reported. So... Tab S7+ is wrong and Tab S9 is right.

Fun.

0 Likes
LongHiker
Options
Tablets

@asiaminor2k I see the operation that you expect. 

0 Likes
Solution
asiaminor2k
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets

Thanks for confirming. Seems like a problem specific to Tab S7+.

0 Likes