JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung s6 lite update

(Topic created: 02-13-2024 08:21 AM)
malavika2020
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

after a recent update on Samsung s6 lite , now my tablet is hanging so much.  

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
bill-e
Cosmic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

Two more things that you can try and it it still does it you'll need to send/bring it in for service. 

First thing to try is to clear the System Cache... Instructions below

And if that doesnt work then a Factory Reset without restoring the backup.. If it still has the problem it needs service. 

For Factory Reset go to Settings->General Management->Reset->Factory Reset

To clear the c ache partition:

Turn off the device 

* Connect to a computer via USB

Press and hold Volume Up + Power buttons simultaneously till the device logo appears

When it logo appears, release Power button but hold the others few more seconds

Release all the buttons when Recovery Mode screen appears

You can use the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons to scroll up or down, and the Power button to select

Using the Vol Down rocker, select Wipe Cache Partition

Press the Power button to select 

Use the Vol Down button to select Repair Apps

Use the power button to select

Use the Vol Down button to select Restart

* Some devices need to be connected to a computer in order to enter the Recovery Mode        

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 6 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch7Ultra(VZW),Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV, Buds Pro

View solution in context

6 Replies
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Tablets

Hello and Welcome to our Samsung Community. Can you please tell us what is happening with the device? We encourage you to provide additional information regarding the tablet's performance for better assistance. Please keep in mind for the best possible resolution we always recommend for you to perform a reset of the tablet by pressing and holding the Volume up and Power buttons for approximately 15 seconds until the Recovery screen appears, then release both buttons to retry. We look forward to hearing from you. 

malavika2020
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

even though I restarted my tablet many times, it's still the same. every time I open my tablet the screen is freezing. for every 40 to 50 seconds the screen freezes and again I have to restart it or turn it on.

0 Likes
bill-e
Options
Tablets

Boot to Safe Mode and see if the issue persists.  If it doesn't then it's one of your installed apps causing it. 

1. Pull down the top menu and press the Power icon so that the Power Off and Restart icons appear

2. Press and Hold the Power Off icon until the green Safe Mode icon appear

3. Tap the Safe Mode icon and the phone will reboot into Safe Mode

4.  To exit Safe Mode,  just reboot. (you may have to take it off airplane mode when it restarts) 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 6 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch7Ultra(VZW),Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV, Buds Pro
malavika2020
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

I did what you told me, but still, my tablet screen is freezing. i deleted all the apps that I downloaded I turned on safe mode and then I restarted it. but still facing the same problem.

0 Likes
Solution
bill-e
Options
Tablets

Two more things that you can try and it it still does it you'll need to send/bring it in for service. 

First thing to try is to clear the System Cache... Instructions below

And if that doesnt work then a Factory Reset without restoring the backup.. If it still has the problem it needs service. 

For Factory Reset go to Settings->General Management->Reset->Factory Reset

To clear the c ache partition:

Turn off the device 

* Connect to a computer via USB

Press and hold Volume Up + Power buttons simultaneously till the device logo appears

When it logo appears, release Power button but hold the others few more seconds

Release all the buttons when Recovery Mode screen appears

You can use the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons to scroll up or down, and the Power button to select

Using the Vol Down rocker, select Wipe Cache Partition

Press the Power button to select 

Use the Vol Down button to select Repair Apps

Use the Vol Down button to select Restart

* Some devices need to be connected to a computer in order to enter the Recovery Mode        

Bill
---
Options
Tablets
Thanks, bookmarked just in case I need it!!!!
0 Likes