JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Software re-install

(Topic created: 04-05-2024 02:01 PM)
needle
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

My wife's TAB 3 has all original software on board but Facebook and Messenger stopped sending and receiving anything.  So I decided to remove Facebook and Messenger entirely, reboot the tablet prior to reinstalling...  I have tried various places to download both like goofle store etc and none so far will reinstall .  We have it working via the web but she wants the apps running.   Any ideas would be a help.   I thought at ne time there was a Samsung app store but cant find it.  Just a bit of help to an old guy please.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Rydah
Planetary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

Hi there.

I do not have the exact version info as I do not know what version of Android your wifes tablet is running but based on what I can see online, it looks like Meta has stopped supporting their apps on older software versions. It seems the website will be the only supported option on that tablet. You can try installing an older version of the apps downloaded from a trusted source as @GaryB82 has stated.

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

View solution in context

2 Replies
GaryB82
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

Facebook is only in the Google Store what does it say when you try to install from the Play store 

Try the link below and see if Facebook will install 

Facebook

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/facebook-2/facebook/facebook-406-0-0-0-56-release/

Messenger 

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/facebook-2/messenger/messenger-399-0-0-12-70-release/facebook-messenge...

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

Solution
Rydah
Planetary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

Hi there.

I do not have the exact version info as I do not know what version of Android your wifes tablet is running but based on what I can see online, it looks like Meta has stopped supporting their apps on older software versions. It seems the website will be the only supported option on that tablet. You can try installing an older version of the apps downloaded from a trusted source as @GaryB82 has stated.

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.