Original topic:

Tab S5a Security Measures

(Topic created: 05-10-2023 09:14 PM)
userkeRZ5Zwfqi
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Up until recently, I have been able to use my tablet without using any security measures. I mainly do this because mainlyI don`t take it away from my house. After receiving message from Samsung to sign in, I cannot do that any longer. Any idea how I can change my settings so I don`t need anything to sign into my tablet.

0 Likes
5 Replies
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Tablets
Do a search in Settings and see if Smart Lock is available on your tablet.
userkeRZ5Zwfqi
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
Timely and accurate instructions are appreciated.
0 Likes
Solution
Gossipfunda
Comet
Options
Tablets

it is not recommended to disable security measures on your tablet as it can leave your device vulnerable to unauthorized access, data theft, and other security risks.

However, if you still wish to disable the security measures on your Samsung tablet, you can do so by following these steps:

1. Go to the "Settings" app on your tablet.
  2. Tap on "Lock screen and security" or "Security."
  3. Tap on "Screen lock type."
  4. You will be prompted to enter your current password, PIN, or pattern.
  5. Once you have done so, select "None" as your screen lock type.

Keep in mind that this means anyone who has access to your tablet can easily access your personal data, including sensitive information such as email, bank account, and social media accounts. It is strongly recommended to use a screen lock type such as a password, PIN, or pattern to protect your device and personal information.

userkeRZ5Zwfqi
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Very helpful and on point! I understand about security and appreciate warning.

0 Likes
DAWLBAEBEE
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
Yes thank u. I'm beyond sick and tired of not being able to get into any of my accounts on any of my devices due to "helpful" security measures. Yea right. Helpful.
0 Likes