JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Tab S9 Ultra issues

(Topic created: 01-02-2024 01:54 PM)
user6yg3kFlaUs
Constellation
Options
Tablets

For some idiotic reason, there is no Tab S9 on the main help page. But that's something I expect from Samsung. By I digress...

The main issues. It will not stop shutting down the screen! I NEED IT TO BE ON ALL THE TIME WHEN PLUGGED IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No resolution.

YouTube TV barely functions on this thing.

Any answers Samsung? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

Tablets have never been separate foruns like the phone's have.  They are all supported under this one forum. 

There are some apps which will keep the screen on while something is playing like YouTube or Netflix but since the use of AMOLED displays, the option for setting the timeout to "Never" was removed because the AMOLED "burns in or wears out" more easily than the LED displays. 

There are some"Keep Alive" apps in the Play Store but use at your own risk. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor

View solution in context

2 Replies
TopherWise
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
Can you not return it? I'm not trying to be slick. That's unacceptable. Sounds like it's defective. Are the hibernation periods rhythmic or just willy nilly whenever it wants?
Does it happen more under heavy load?
0 Likes
Solution
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

Tablets have never been separate foruns like the phone's have.  They are all supported under this one forum. 

There are some apps which will keep the screen on while something is playing like YouTube or Netflix but since the use of AMOLED displays, the option for setting the timeout to "Never" was removed because the AMOLED "burns in or wears out" more easily than the LED displays. 

There are some"Keep Alive" apps in the Play Store but use at your own risk. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor