JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Facecam for screen recorder is messing up!

(Topic created: 12-30-2023 10:42 PM)
Options
Tablets
Hello, everytime i use the built in screen recorder and i go to turn on my facecam, it does this

It keeps acting like a green screen for some reason!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
bill-e
Cosmic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

Try Safe Mode.   If it works in Safe Mode then it is one of your installed apps causing the issue. 

Safe Mode

1. Pull down the top menu and press the Power icon so that the Power Off and Restart icons appear

2. Press and Hold the Power Off icon until the green Safe Mode icon appears

3. Tap the Safe Mode icon and the phone will reboot into Safe Mode 

4.  To exit Safe Mode,  just reboot. (you may have to take it off airplane mode when it restarts)

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 6 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch7Ultra(VZW),Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV, Buds Pro

View solution in context

6 Replies
bill-e
Options
Tablets

Boot to Safe Mode and try it, doesn't do that here. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 6 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch7Ultra(VZW),Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV, Buds Pro
0 Likes
Options
Tablets
Well it does to me, i hope a update can fix it
0 Likes
bill-e
Options
Tablets

Did you try Safe Mode? 

I'd also Settings->Apps->Camera->Storage->Clear Cache. 

And then if need be press and hold Power and Vol Doen until the device reboots to reset it. 

Turn OFF Developer Options

And of course, report the problem to Samsung. Reproduce the issue and then open the Samsung Members app, click on Support (Lower right)->Feedback->Send Error Report,  Remember to check on "Send System Data Log" 

Bill
---
Options
Tablets
I didn't try safe mode, but I'll clear the cache on the camera and see if that does anything
0 Likes
Options
Tablets
Update: tried clearing the cache, it did nothing
0 Likes
Solution
bill-e
Options
Tablets

Try Safe Mode.   If it works in Safe Mode then it is one of your installed apps causing the issue. 

Safe Mode

1. Pull down the top menu and press the Power icon so that the Power Off and Restart icons appear

2. Press and Hold the Power Off icon until the green Safe Mode icon appears

3. Tap the Safe Mode icon and the phone will reboot into Safe Mode 

4.  To exit Safe Mode,  just reboot. (you may have to take it off airplane mode when it restarts)

Bill
---