JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

The Amazon for Tablets app is no longer supported

(Topic created: 11-09-2023 07:27 PM)
Tuttle4077
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
Spoke to Amazon customer service and they admitted it was an iissue that their "engineers are working to resolve, should be fixed in the next 24-48 hours". 24 hours to go.....

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

After looking for it on Chrome it basically looks the same as the Amazon Shopping App so I figure they disconnected it so they wouldn't have to keep updating both apps 

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

View solution in context

8 Replies
GaryB82
Options
Tablets

Strange its working on my Tab S8Plus 

If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

@Tuttle4077 Just use the Amazon Shopping app. Just like @GaryB82 said, it works just fine on my Tab s8+. https://play.google.com/store/search?q=amazon+shopping&c=apps 

0 Likes
Tuttle4077
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

The Amazon for Tablets app is not working, not the same as the Amazon Shopping app. Per Amazon tech support, the for Tablet app is suppose to be working. 

0 Likes
GaryB82
Options
Tablets
I'm confused then since amazon only has the shopping app, video app that I know of and they both work for me on my tablet never heard of a Amazon for Tablets app what is it suppose to do

Tuttle4077
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

@GaryB82 I'm sorry if you are confused. I am new to this community forum so I don't know if your status as a Samsung Ambassador exactly means? What I can tell you is that I have been using the Amazon for Tablets app across several of my past and current Samsung Galaxy tablets. I have never encountered this problem before, at least not since last week. Why would I be getting the message after I launch the same app I have been using for mean years, once it redirects me to the web page, that literally says, "The Amazon for Tablets app is no longer supported"?

I cannot believe Amazon would just suddenly discontinue support for the app I have been using for many many years, without so much as a notice. That and the fact that the Amazon support person acknowledged the problem, makes me believe there is indeed something afoot. I'll be reaching out to them again tomorrow to see what answer/story I get then.

Best Regards 

Solution
GaryB82
Options
Tablets

After looking for it on Chrome it basically looks the same as the Amazon Shopping App so I figure they disconnected it so they wouldn't have to keep updating both apps 

elcebee
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
Amazon for Tablets is back, thank goodness!
0 Likes
CLF1
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Sadly, mine is not working and I have had to uninstall the app 😒

0 Likes