JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

USING A SIMPLE PRINTER

(Topic created: 4 weeks ago)
Angrymoderndevice
Constellation
Options
Tablets
Why is it so difficult to use something as easy a printer in phones or tablets.
I've spent the last hour trying to connect my tablet to my printer, and I've used a cable, so I should be able to easily just select print to device and it should show up printed, but no! I have to download an app, I have to connect both devices to the internet, I have to have my location on, I HAVE TO GIVE THEM MY IP ADRESS!? I did give them my privacy away and they told me it still didnt work. Everytime i select what I want to print, it just takes me back to the beginning like it thinks i want to select more. Why do I have to do all these things just to print something a computer could of done in minutes. I FINALLY got to print what i needed to print using my hp laptop from 2012! I just don't understand why we have to do all this nonsense when using a simple cable could make this process so much easier, but NO! Everything has to be wireless! And download an app, and give them an email and address.
0 Likes
2 Replies
wickitiwack
Constellation
Options
Tablets
I know exactlyv what you mean. I went through the process a couple weeks ago and finally got it to work after about an hour and it turned out I was too low on ink. But man an hour just ti fund out Im low on ink. I was undrstandably upset. Everytime I upgrade I have to jump these hoops. And everytime I want to use a new printer. It should be more plug and play i agree.
Solution
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Tablets
This is not a phone issue, it's the printer driver issue, so unless it's a Samsung printer, you have to take it up with the printer manufacurers. FWIW, I've never had a problem printing from my phone. You nust have to make sure you enabled the print service on your device and you are trying to print to a printer that actually has wireless printing. Yes, you have to be on the same wireless network the printer is on, unless the printer has Wi-Fi direct printing. Oh, and allowing your IP address to be sharef is not giving up your privacy.