JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Why does the Galaxy Store keep running in the background?

(Topic created: 12-08-2022 11:35 AM)
CatGymnPaint
Comet
Options
Tablets
My S7 tablet recently got updated to Android 13. When I use the Recents button, it tells me what apps are running in the background. Yesterday, I noticed that the Galaxy Store had been running in the background for 6 hours!  How do I stop this behavior of the app store? 

So far, I've been force stopping it then I open it for a second then close it again (because of the warning about things not working properly if such an app were to be force stopped and remain that way.)
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
CatGymnPaint
Comet
Options
Tablets
What I found out and did:

I've cleared the data for the Galaxy Store app. Then I checked out: Samsung Video Library (Galaxy Store said important update, so I just did that [12/8/2022])
Now seeing if that has helped with it running in background.

Previously, all notifications for the Galaxy Store app were off. Now after clearing the data and letting it redo whatever it needed, I see that all notifications can no longer be turned off, that important notifications are now sent by default. So, maybe it was this conflict causing the app store running in the background. We shall see.

View solution in context

0 Likes
1 Reply
Solution
CatGymnPaint
Comet
Options
Tablets
What I found out and did:

I've cleared the data for the Galaxy Store app. Then I checked out: Samsung Video Library (Galaxy Store said important update, so I just did that [12/8/2022])
Now seeing if that has helped with it running in background.

Previously, all notifications for the Galaxy Store app were off. Now after clearing the data and letting it redo whatever it needed, I see that all notifications can no longer be turned off, that important notifications are now sent by default. So, maybe it was this conflict causing the app store running in the background. We shall see.
0 Likes