Original topic:

Dryer Door inner glass shattered

(Topic created: 07-11-2021 04:29 AM)
user2oTX9XZy6G
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Bought a Samsung washer and dryer, had it installed on July 8 2020.  I did 3 loads of laundry over a period of 3 days. On the fourth  did a load of laundry and  went to open the dryer door,  the the inner glass just shattered. mind you I had no clothes in the dryer, just opened the door and glass went all over the place..

I am have problem with getting Costco.com to in contact with what their going to do about the situation.

Is this a common problem with  the glass shattering and innerglassinnerglassshould just return the Dryer and buy some other brand.  thanks

90 Replies
userVqynCB35kK
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers

I was surprised to find radial cracks developing in the center of my dryer door acrylic circular "glass."

Model No. DVE45R6300W/A3

Serial No. *****

Is this a manufacturing defect gone bad?  My wife and I didn't hit it with anything, and it must have either taken quite a blow or be defective.  I don't want to blame the cleaning crew.  Any thoughts on why or how this might happen?

-C

0 Likes
mohamed2
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers
Hello
0 Likes
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Washers and Dryers

I do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. Can you send me a private message with your full model and serial number http://bit.ly/2tCGnGK

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
userFFFTVemHuI
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

While drying clothes in a new Samsung front load dryer, the inside glass in the door shattered. I have been trying to deal online with customer service but it’s a never ending process and nothing gets solved.

if this has happened to anyone else, can you please advise if you door glass was replaced or not.

Darrell

0 Likes
MrLarry
Neutron Star
Options
Washers and Dryers

I am very sorry to hear this. Can I have you send your full model code and serial number via private message? I will do my best to help with this situation.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userZTH1ZmYe8X
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers
5 minutes into dryer cycle and I hear glass break 

This happen to anyone else?
0 Likes
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Washers and Dryers

I understand how this may be a cause for concern please send me a private message with your full model and serial number so that I may look into this further. 

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userZTH1ZmYe8X
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

I have service coming out on the 13th. This just scared the  out of me, and I'm glad I didn't get hurt. There was nothing in the dryer that would cause this to happen. I really hope my warranty covers this because I haven't even had the dryer a year!

0 Likes
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Washers and Dryers

I understand please keep me updated on the repair! 

0 Likes
userTjlUZJpb0g
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers

38AC2E1D-3920-49CB-BF51-E0B3A76C0C87.jpeg

 

My set is 2 years old and is already garbage. The dryer door glass literally exploded last night and sent shards of glass embedded into my clothing that was inside the dryer. I am extremely disappointed in the quality of these appliances as I also recently had to replace the rubber door gasket on the washer also. This time it’s the dryer and I can not find a replacement door! Now I’m forced to go out and buy a whole new dryer !!! Can’t believe these only lasted 2 years and 2 months! Angry!!!

0 Likes