JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Dryer Door inner glass shattered

(Topic created: 07-16-2020 07:23 AM)
user2oTX9XZy6G
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Bought a Samsung washer and dryer, had it installed on July 8 2020.  I did 3 loads of laundry over a period of 3 days. On the fourth  did a load of laundry and  went to open the dryer door,  the the inner glass just shattered. mind you I had no clothes in the dryer, just opened the door and glass went all over the place..

I am have problem with getting Costco.com to in contact with what their going to do about the situation.

Is this a common problem with  the glass shattering and innerglassinnerglassshould just return the Dryer and buy some other brand.  thanks

JUMP TO SOLUTION
90 Replies
Chad EL
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Last week (9-4-2023), I was drying a bedroom pillow (no zippers, buttons, etc- just a plain old soft pillow) and the inner pane of glass on my dryer door shattered. We bought our dryer in February of 2020, and paid extra for the 5 year extended warranty. Much to no one’s surprise, when we called to file a claim, we were told that the issue isn’t covered (physical damage vs. mechanical failure). A quick look on the internet, including this forum confirms that  broken dryer door glass is a common occurrence. Our dryer is not used in an abnormal way, just to dry our clothes, bath towels and bedding. Very disappointing to spend well over $1000 on an appliance that doesn’t stand the test of time. 

has anyone had experience in getting this issue resolved satisfactorily?

IMG_9251.jpegIMG_9401.jpeg

0 Likes