Original topic:

1304.40 Firmware bug (Jan 2024)

(Topic created: 01-24-2024 11:43 AM)
SamNewjin
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
UN55NU7300FZXA is my TV.

I got the new "UI" interface with Samsung TV Plus, but ever since this skin update etc, the response time has been awful for when changing between channels.
My tv is on a wired ethernet connection to my router, 500mb internet with Cat 7 cable, non-issue on ISP and cables end. It's due to the firmware upgrade.

Anyone else experience this sluggish response?
9 Replies
JTWE
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I upgraded my Samsung TV to version 1400.3 this month and I have the same issue.  Did not have any issues before this and I am connected by Wifi.  Support only knows how to fix the common issues.  Have you found one yet?

SamNewjin
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
I'm connected via consistent 500mbs internet via category 7 ethernet cables.
Not an ISP issue, it's within the firmware update code.
Cntryman77
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have the same issue. After the last update, it can go minutes to load a channel, where it used to be almost instant.

Uncle_Bill
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Samsung UN55MU8000

same issue.  it can take minutes to switch between Samgsung TV Pluss channels.   Totally unusable.   Nice job Samsung.

How about at least providing a means of rolling back the update.   Firmware 101

scubadru
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

UN65NU7100, latest update 1304 a few weeks ago

Same issue (TV Plus) ... watching a channel that is broadcasting/viewable, change to different channel, it may show up immediately, 5, 10 or 30+ seconds later if at all (even after upwards of 5+ minutes, still blank). From experimenting, jumping back and forth between channels and then stopping on the channel I want to view seems to work. Otherwise, never an issue in the 6+ years. 

FYI ... have used an ethernet cable connection for TV. Have tried both ways, direct from modem or via router, no difference.

Have spoken with technical support on two different occasions, tried all the recommendations, nothing. According to the last one, all of us have our connections incorrect 😕 Anyway, looking into a class action. 

SamNewjin
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
Something in 1304.4 firmware isn't working properly. Idk how else to tell Samsung about this, option is newer TV or another brand and I don't want to do either.
0 Likes
Tazz1
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Had same issue after Samsung plus update. Might get two or three channels and the channels would go blank. Channel and program title appears with screen black. I logged in on a pc to Samsung and removed all tv devices (unregistered them). I have 3 Samsung, the oldest nu7100un50 is the only one with issue. I then reset the Samsung plus. Restarted and signed back into plus and so far so good.

0 Likes
JustBob
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

More users with same issue...

re: "TV plus app difficult to navigate"

0 Likes
Members_XHEEu7a
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Same issue here.  Tried all the online stuff.  I liked it before the recent update.  It's a HORRIBLE viewing experience.  Thinking of throwing the TV out the window.  Fix this SAMSUNG!  

0 Likes