I bought a Samsung TV in Portugal, one of the features I wanted was full integration with the apple ecosystem. what do you think when haver airplay? but the homekit fail, I’m thinking of moving to lg now!
Solved! Go to Solution.
Here is a list of compatible Samsung t.v.'s. Now this is the North America list. It might/might not be the same as your country.
Apple T.V. compatible:
- Samsung QLED 8K Q9, Q8 Series (2019, 2020)
- Samsung QLED 4K Q9, Q8, Q7, Qx Series (2018, 2019, 2020)
- Samsung UHD 8, 7, 6 Series (2018, 2019, 2020)
- Samsung FHD/HD 5,4 Series (2018, 2019, 2020)
- Samsung Serif Series (2019, 2020)
- Samsung The Frame Series (2018, 2019, 2020)
- Samsung The Sero Series (2019, 2020)
Airplay 2 compatible:
- Samsung FHD/HD 4, 5 Series (2018)
- Samsung QLED 4K Q6, Q7, Q8, Q9 Series (2018, 2019)
- Samsung QLED 8K Q9 Series (2019)
- Samsung The Frame Series (2018, 2019)
- Samsung Serif Series (2019)
- Samsung UHD 6, 7, 8 Series (2018, 2019)
Hope this info helps in any way. Have a great day.
Yes I have airplay and apple apps, but I don't have access to the homekit integration. are different things. so it's stupid because samsung wants to force you to use its smartthings platform ...
I buy Samsung frame today. Tv is Great but iam totalny angry with no HomeKit! Support in 2020! I think i will back tv and buy other brand with HomeKit. And i see service bro answer Here!
Certain Samsung televisions current support Apple TV and Apple music. They will not support Apple Homekit until a compatible version is released by Apple.
It looks that LG has HomeKit support because there are several YouTube videos showing how to do it. The ball is in your court Samsung, please make HomeKit available.
Blaming Apple is a new low. I bought a Samsung QLED 7, no HomeKit compatibility even if you broadcasted you would support it. I'm really frustrated... This is 2020, aren't there any highter moral grounds you could think of reaching than feodal warmongering?