Backlight on, no picture for full screen

(Topic created: 05-15-2023 01:34 PM)
Whitbone
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Model: UN43NU6950FXZA 

Samsung UN43NU6950FXZA 43" 4K Ultra HD Smart LED Television

Essentially, the backlight is on but there's no picture on the whole screen. The red power indicator is on, and I've tried unplugging it for 60 secs, but it's stuck on a black screen. Also, before this happened, it was taking longer and longer for the tv to turn on.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
Unfortunately your tv likey need a repair. Unplug the tv for a full 5 minutes Unplug every hdmi . Then plug it in and see if anything happens. It's also wise just to be sure in a pitch black room turn it on and see if you can see enough to get to the settings menu and do a manufacturer reset

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 Replies
Solution
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
Unfortunately your tv likey need a repair. Unplug the tv for a full 5 minutes Unplug every hdmi . Then plug it in and see if anything happens. It's also wise just to be sure in a pitch black room turn it on and see if you can see enough to get to the settings menu and do a manufacturer reset
0 Likes
Whitbone
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Thanks, I thought that was it I just hoped it wasn't,

JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
I have been there my friend so sorry it happened to you. I ended up signing up for tech insurance through Verizon it's 25 bucks a month but covers all my tech products new and old. It has gotten me out of a few expensive situations. But sometimes things are easier to fix then we think the biggest problem is finding what part is bad . Most things with the exception of a screen is easy and sometimes cheap to fix ourselves
0 Likes