JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Does anyone know hat's causing the problem?

(Topic created: 07-22-2023 04:10 PM)
Sam_Sung_Blue
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have a Samsung UN46D6003 tv and can only switch the tv on and off by plugging in and unplugging the power cord. The tv is stuck on one channel, at one volume, can't access any of the menus on the tv, etc. None of the settings can be accessed either with a remote (even with changing the batteries on the remote - I tried using 3 different Samsung remotes, including the remote that came with the tv) or by pressing the 'buttons' on the tv. When the remote buttons are pressed the remote sensor light on the tv flashes rapidly like it's supposed to. allso did the cell phone camera check on the remotes and the 'signal' lights on them work as well. Does anyone know what the problem is? Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Try this unplug the TV from the wall unplug all devices connected in the TV HDMI cables Etc once everything is unplugged hold the power button on the TV for 60 seconds now wait a full 10 minutes and plug the TV back in the wall now try to power it on using the power button on the TV itself once it powers on resync the remote that came with the TV wants the TV's powered on you need to do a manufacturer reset of your TV let me know if this works if not you might have part of your board has been burned out. 

You may want to reach out to a local technician if these steps above do not help: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location 

View solution in context

2 Replies
Solution
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Try this unplug the TV from the wall unplug all devices connected in the TV HDMI cables Etc once everything is unplugged hold the power button on the TV for 60 seconds now wait a full 10 minutes and plug the TV back in the wall now try to power it on using the power button on the TV itself once it powers on resync the remote that came with the TV wants the TV's powered on you need to do a manufacturer reset of your TV let me know if this works if not you might have part of your board has been burned out. 

You may want to reach out to a local technician if these steps above do not help: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location 

Sam_Sung_Blue
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hi JBTechfanatic,

Thanks for your reply to my post. I tried what you suggested a few times but unfortunately it did not work. I appreciate you trying to help. Have a great day.