JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Flickering standby light, volume stays at 0

(Topic created: 08-09-2023 07:36 AM)
mamosley
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I've got a UN557000fxza that out of the blue had the volume level go to 0 on its own. I can turn the volume up but it turns itself back to 0 and the volume info stays on the screen. Since this started about a day ago, it only intermittently responds to the remote and the standby light is flickering, not flashing, flickering. Software is up to date. I've reset the smart hub, reset the tv to factory. Left unplugged from power over night and still the same issue.  I also put new batteries in the remote. Is this issue economically fixable or is it time for a new tv?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
mamosley
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

The problem was not with the tv itself. For some reason the last software update on my appletv did something to the atv remote causing it to constantly send the volume - command to the tv even though my appletv is set to use my homepods as the default audio output.

View solution in context

0 Likes
1 Reply
Solution
mamosley
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

The problem was not with the tv itself. For some reason the last software update on my appletv did something to the atv remote causing it to constantly send the volume - command to the tv even though my appletv is set to use my homepods as the default audio output.

0 Likes