JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

HAVING A COUPLE ISSUES WITH MY UN65KS8000FXZA

(Topic created: 03-25-2024 06:19 AM)
soundhd
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Have a couple issues that have started with my Samsung UN65KS8000FXZA (purchased new in early 2017). First is a light (not sure what to call it) shadow line coming up from the bottom of the screen just left of center (have attached a photo). Currently the HDMI line runs from the Denon AVR which has a Comcast Xfinity cable box and a Samsung Blueray player connected to it. Have tried different cables (direct from the AVR and cable box direct to the tv) running a blueray disc and changed source HMDI's with no change so it has to be an issue in the tv itself. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this and if it was fixed how was it done. Issue #2 which has also just started recently is the source changes all by itself from HDMI #2 (BD) to #1 (TV) so have to go into the TV's menu and change it back to #2. Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
soundhd
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

update #2:  So I contacted the local authorized Samsung TV service center and bottom line is it will cost us around $500-$700 to have the "panel" replaced so looking at just getting new tv.... Should be able to sell it for around 300-400 bucks to help pay for the new one....

View solution in context

2 Replies
soundhd
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

UPDATE: I did a search for the same problem and found a posting...performed the picture test which did not correct the issue and also did a picture reset which also did not correct the issue.   I assume at this point my only options are (1) see if it can be repaired via a visit from a authorized Samsung service tech or (2) get a new tv....  Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if was corrected what was done and what did it cost?

Thanks

0 Likes
Solution
soundhd
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

update #2:  So I contacted the local authorized Samsung TV service center and bottom line is it will cost us around $500-$700 to have the "panel" replaced so looking at just getting new tv.... Should be able to sell it for around 300-400 bucks to help pay for the new one....