JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How do I connect old speakers to my tv?

(Topic created: 06-25-2023 02:15 PM)
marth1941
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have a new CU7000 TV, old Bose speakers and a simple audio amplifier.  What do I need to connect the speakers to the TV audio?  Do I need DAC or just a USB to RCA cable?  Or do I need a new amplifier?

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
marth1941
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I think I have figured out what to do.  Buying a Neoteck 192KHZ DAC Converter SPDIF Optical to RCA .

Will connect that to the optical on the TV and run the RCA output to the simple amplifier I already have.  Thanks for the help!

View solution in context

0 Likes
5 Replies
Shalovely
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
What your could do is but a Audio transmitter and that will solve 👌 the problem my friend
0 Likes
marth1941
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Um, Sorry, what is an Audio Transmitter?

0 Likes
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
To connect your receiver to your tv you need to use either optical hdmi arc hdmi earc or Bluetooth depending on what your receiver offers. But at very least im sure it has a optical even if its older. Simply plug th optical in optical out on the back tv to optical in on receiver. Now go into audio settings on your tv and switch to optical out. Now hit input on your receiver until it says optical and now turn it up and enjoy 😉
0 Likes
marth1941
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Thanks!  Nope, my amplifier is just that.  RCA in and lugs out.  So maybe I should get an amplifier with optical input.  Most of what I see are "receivers" and Bluetooth.  Maybe I am just old (82) but to me a "receiver" has RF input.  I guess I can get a $50 Bluetooth receiver with optical and use either one.  Any suggestions?

0 Likes
Solution
marth1941
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I think I have figured out what to do.  Buying a Neoteck 192KHZ DAC Converter SPDIF Optical to RCA .

Will connect that to the optical on the TV and run the RCA output to the simple amplifier I already have.  Thanks for the help!

0 Likes