JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S95C signal dropouts with Sony PlayStation 5

(Topic created: 12-07-2023 06:54 AM)
ahmed mukhtar
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

My recently acquired Samsung 65" S95C OLED TV is encountering intermittent 2-5 second disruptions in both video and audio when attempting to play PlayStation 5. Despite employing various certified 2.1 HDMI cables across multiple ports on my One Connect Box, the problem persists. Interestingly, I'm not alone in facing this issue; numerous individuals on Reddit have reported similar experiences.

I've conducted tests by using the same system and HDMI cables on a competing 4k 120hz television, where everything functioned flawlessly for over 10 hours of gameplay. The problem occurs irrespective of resolution (4K or 1080p) or refresh rate (120hz or 60hz). 

Upon employing Device Care, all HDMI cables pass the cable test, and Signal History indicates no issues, even immediately after a dropout. I would greatly appreciate any assistance in resolving this matter, as I bought the TV for gaming only but find this issue to be a significant drawback at the moment.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I can certainly understand if my gaming experience was interrupted by this problem. Thank you for sharing this matter with the community. It seems like you have attempted all the general troubleshooting steps regarding this symptom. As you said, to achieve 4K resolution, we recommend everyone to use an HDMI 2.1 cable, and some lower quality HDMI 2.1 cables will still cause issues. The next option would be a service repair. For anyone else who is experiencing this concern. Try the troubleshooting steps in the link below.
http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01109043/
The link even has steps to contact a service center. If you need assistance setting up the service repair or have further questions. Please send a moderator a private message.
Samsung Moderator

View solution in context

4 Replies
florian13pfa
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have the exact same issue.

0 Likes
JMSN020
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Me too.. 

0 Likes
JonGunnar
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Same

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I can certainly understand if my gaming experience was interrupted by this problem. Thank you for sharing this matter with the community. It seems like you have attempted all the general troubleshooting steps regarding this symptom. As you said, to achieve 4K resolution, we recommend everyone to use an HDMI 2.1 cable, and some lower quality HDMI 2.1 cables will still cause issues. The next option would be a service repair. For anyone else who is experiencing this concern. Try the troubleshooting steps in the link below.
http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01109043/
The link even has steps to contact a service center. If you need assistance setting up the service repair or have further questions. Please send a moderator a private message.
Samsung Moderator