Original topic:

Samsung S95B Smart Calibration

(Topic created: 09-28-2022 08:31 PM)
Milosz Lewandowski
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I've bought a new Samsung TV couple of days ago the QD-S95B OLED. After setting everything up, I wanted to calibrate my TV via the "Smart things" application and perform a professional calibration. Unfortunately I only get an option for the simple calibration and I was wondering why that might be. Could it be the TV's firmware or some kind of option within settings that needs activating?. I would appreciate anyone's advice and support if anyone knows anything about this or perhaps had the same issue. Thanks.

If Samsung replies to this post here are the TV's details. 

Opens in new window
PDF Download
Word Download
Excel Download
PowerPoint Download
Document Download

Model code- QE65S95BATXXU

Serial number- <Hidden>

Software version- T-PTMDEUC-1304.1, BT-S

Current update version- 1304

Opens in new window
PDF Download
Word Download
Excel Download
PowerPoint Download
Document Download

2 Replies
Members_I4N6wyd
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

For some reason ($$) only the basic calibration is offered on the s95b. The upper end Qled models get the full features but not the set that's geared towards those wanting the best picture quality... which is, let's face it, just plain dumb when you're marketing this thing to people wanting the best of the best picture quality. It's likely an incentive to spend more money on their more expensive Qleds. I'm not happy about it either. It's Samsung being tone deaf to the demographic actually buying this set. I wanted the best of the best and to find this out after the fact is just a kick in the head ya know.

0 Likes
Moovrngruvr
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I had the same question. Thanks for answering and tough to hear. S95b is better than the 90a, 90b, and Q95 in my opinion.

0 Likes