JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

TV Can't Connect to Internet

(Topic created: 07-29-2019 09:08 AM)
userpFJgWa4UmH
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have Model No UN55MU6500F and it will no longer connect to the internet.  It has connected in the past.  All other devices are able to connect.  My internet provider confirmed everything is working on their end.  I have disconnected and re-connected but it did not help.  Please advise how to fix this.  Thank you.

82 Replies
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

May I have the firmware version the TV is running?  Have you tried power resetting the TV by unplugging it and plugging it back up after a few minutes? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
userpFJgWa4UmH
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I unplugged the TV for a few minutes and it connected when I plugged it back in. Thank you! 

0 Likes
uservhC4zMS90f
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I'm having the same issue.  I have a UN65MU630DF.

It is not a service provider issue or a router issue.  It is clearly something within the TV or the software.  Samsung please provide a fix...

Samsung_zUWIyqG
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

If you go in to the network settings and change the DNS server settings and manually enter 8.8.8.8 generally fixes it

uservhC4zMS90f
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Thanks for the reply.  My TV will not let me into Network Settings to change the DNS server settings.  It keeps flipping me back to the wireless or wired connection screen.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

What is the current software version of the television? Have you performed the Network Test and then tried changing the DNS settings?

0 Likes
uservhC4zMS90f
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

My TV is currently running version 1270.  It says this is the latest version and there are no new updates.  I have run a Network Test and it still does not allow me to change the DNS settings.

0 Likes
userDl2TkmkucJ
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I changed mine to 8888 and it didn't help anything.

0 Likes
dirpubsaf
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

didn't work

0 Likes