Original topic:

TV Edge Hot

(Topic created: 12-04-2023 11:46 AM)
Jimmy2Thumbs
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Howdy, I have noticed the edge of my TV is getting very hot, it just registered over 104 degrees.  Model 

UN65H7150AFXZA

can you help or get me pointed in the right direction for support or troubleshooting?

@0oJAYDAo0

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello! @Jimmy2Thumbs if the information from @OoJAYDAoO does not help please first unplug the TV and leave it unplugged then either send us a pm with the following information for call in directly at 1 (800) 726-7864 to get this looked into as soon as possible. 

Place of purchase:
First and Last Name:
Physical Street Address:
City, State, and Zip Code:
Home phone number:
Alternate phone number: 
Email address: 

Model number: 

Serial number: 

View solution in context

4 Replies
OoYORIoO
Nebula
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
@Jimmy2Thumbs

Thank you for using the Samsung Member's Community. Thank you for your question about your Samsung Television.

Could you please tell me the type of environment the Television in? Can you tell me if it's located near a heating source? I'd be interested in if you have the Television plugged into a Power Strip or Surge Protector? Is the Television above a Fireplace? Is it located in a room with large bay windows? Are your Electrical Outlets Grounded and in perfect working order?

I ask because I'm curious as to why you seem to have had two Television Failures on your Samsung Televisions in 10 years. That and the Temperature of your Samsung Television is not within Normal Operating Temperature.

I've found that you owned:

Samsung UN65H7150AFXZA
Samsung QN55Q90TAFXZA

I'm cross posting because your Samung Television is the same as this user: Samsung UN65H7150AFXZA:

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/4K-8K-and-Other-TVs/Tv-pictures-melt/td-p/2743278?src=ShareByUse...

Please let me know so that I can continue to to assist you towards finding a potential satisfactory outcome. Thank you!
0 Likes
OoYORIoO
Nebula
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
I've taken a proactive approach and reached out to @Samsung_Moderator and sent them a Direct Message. Related to your Post

Thank you for using the Samsung Member's Community and thank you for your question regarding your Samsung Television. I'd like to be of assistance to you with your question. I'll suggest a few potential solutions for you to try.

Samsung Product Support Website:

"How to Discharge or Cold Boot Your Samsung Television"

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062957/

1. Unplug the TV from the power source.
2. ***Wait for at least 60 seconds to discharge any residual power.***
3. Plug the TV back into the power source.
4. Disconnect all Devices & Cables from your Samsung Television IE: USB, HDMI, Digital Optical Output, Mouse, & Keyboard
5. Attempt to turn on the TV using the remote or the physical power button.
6. If your Samsung Television is plugged into a Power Strip or Surge Protector. (Test and ensure that the Power Strip or Surge Protector is Functioning Properly)

If these steps don't resolve the issue with your Samsung Television. I will provide additional information on how to seek Support for your Samsung Television here:

Please contact Samsung Customer Care: 1-800-SAMSUNG

You can find support at Samsung's Website here:

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/contact/

Or if you prefer you can also send a private message with your full model and Serial Number and the Information below to a Samsung Moderator. @Samsung_Moderator

Please be sure to have this information available:

Place of purchase:
First and Last Name:
Physical Street Address:
Home phone number:
Alternate phone number:
Email address:

Thank you for using the Samsung Member's Community and thank you for your question regarding your Samsung Television. Samsung Customer Support is here to assist you. Thank you!
0 Likes
OoYORIoO
Nebula
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
@Samsung_Moderator

I've attached a screenshot of the message I sent to you about these two cases. Thank you for your asistance!1701726680009.jpg
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello! @Jimmy2Thumbs if the information from @OoJAYDAoO does not help please first unplug the TV and leave it unplugged then either send us a pm with the following information for call in directly at 1 (800) 726-7864 to get this looked into as soon as possible. 

Place of purchase:
First and Last Name:
Physical Street Address:
Home phone number:
Alternate phone number: 
Email address: 

Model number: 

Serial number: