Original topic:

TV Version 2501 issue

(Topic created: 10-12-2023 05:20 AM)
userD5mtgjZsOJ
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

My TV is showing version 2501. Ever since this version was installed, I am having many issues with Bluetooth headphones. I have tried 2 headphones from 2 companies and they both experience issues. They connect to my Galaxy phone without issue. Bit with one of them, as soon as i try to connect the TV to them, they turn off! With the other one, they connect for a few seconds and then disconnect. I tried unplugging tv and rebooting it. Also tried deleting the pairing and re pairing but nothing helps. Please help!

17 Replies
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
Try unplugging Your TV from the power outlet for a minute or two and then go to General settings and select External device manager and add your headphones, then go back up to the Settings for sound and make sure the Sound Output is set for Bluetooth Speaker list
0 Likes
userD5mtgjZsOJ
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
I mentioned that I already did those things. No help. After many attempts, i eventually get the headphones to connect to the TV but this can take a really long time. Used to work. Also, even if they do work, the sound eventually lags behind tge picture. Very annoying. I am going to try and see if an external bluetooth transmitter will be better as the TV's bluetooth is failing after 2501
0 Likes
Fair8ter
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I am also having problems with 2501.  After the update I am unable to watch 4K videos via the usb drive and network streaming without pauses in the video every 2 seconds.

I contacted Samsung support and they dispatched a technician to replace the processor board.  The the technician verified that the problem was resolved with the new board before he left.

The next morning, the tv had done an auto update to 2501 and the problem returned.   This is definitely a bad software update.

Please tell me how to revert back to the previous version so I can use my TV!

lurchvibes
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I am also experiencing sound issues with this update. The moment that version 2501 was automatically installed, the sound to my Samsung soundbar cut out. When connected through HDMI to the tv, the audio stutters with about 5-10 seconds of silence between short <1 second moments of audio. Resetting the TV and soundbar and updating the soundbar to the latest firmware did not solve the issue. The soundbar works with other devices through Bluetooth and now must be connected to the TV with an optical cable.

0 Likes
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
If you open your TV settings and go to the Sound menu Expert Settings make sure Hdmi-eArc mode is set to Auto, You can also reset the sound settings to fix the Digital Output Audio delay settings, also check the General menu and the External device manager and change the Input signal plus settings, sometimes turning that off or on for the Hdmi Input can help,
lurchvibes
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

My HDMI-earc mode is set to auto. I have reset the input signal plus setting on and off. I have tried resetting my audio and adjusting the delay settings to fix the audio stuttering. I have tried resetting my tv. Nothing is solving the problem. I get audio through my tv speakers but stuttering audio though my Samsung soundbar with HDMI. I have tried multiple HDMI chords to connect to my TV and the soundbar works with other inputs. It is very frustrating that a bad firmware update has made using my two Samsung products together so difficult.

0 Likes
userl9LNMzIFml
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

My TV is also on version 2501, and after this version although my Bluetooth headphones are working when connected but when I put them in pod for charging and bring them back Samsung doesn't connect them, in last version they showed a popup to confirm the Bluetooth re-connection, now that popup is gone, and I have to manually go to settings/sound/speaker list to choose and connect headphones, which is a huge inconvenience -- Samsung pleas fix it -- and do it automaticaly as do all other sane applications/devices, even Samsung Galaxy remembers that what devices I paired and connects them automatically. Why can't this Smart TV do that..

Nebokoa
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

This is happening to me too! Did you find a fix for it?

userJMvWfKAfrU
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Same issue  with Bluetooth  headphones since 2051 update.   Definitely a firmware regression bug.