JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

TV Warranty Validation

(Topic created: 03-03-2024 05:30 AM)
Brian7
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

So I recently purchased a new Samsung S95C 77".  I've went to my products page to make sure my product was registered incase I ever needed to use the Warranty.  There is a little link next to the warranty to "validate" the warranty.  So I've done this now 3 TIMES and uploaded a printed PDF of my receipt, it was an online purchase from Best Buy.  It keeps being rejected as an invalid proof of purchase.  WHAT??  So if you buy a TV or other Samsung product from Best Buy online you can't use the warranty?  What is going on here?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
gitche_gumee
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I just completed mine.  If you look closer at the box where you upload, it asks for image formats only, jpg, gif, and png. PDF presumably (and puzzling) is not included as a valid format for the uploader.  You will likely need to covert the PDF to one of those image formats or take a pic of the receipt and upload instead.

View solution in context

2 Replies
Solution
gitche_gumee
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I just completed mine.  If you look closer at the box where you upload, it asks for image formats only, jpg, gif, and png. PDF presumably (and puzzling) is not included as a valid format for the uploader.  You will likely need to covert the PDF to one of those image formats or take a pic of the receipt and upload instead.

JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
The likely problem is you're sending an invalid format. The easiest way to do this is to call Samsung. They can help you over the phone, and then they will have you text them proof of purchase. But yes, your warranty is fully valid. In the case of a warranty problem, you will just need to have a valid receipt with a date on it that shows within a year of purchase from an authorized retailer (which Best Buy is).
0 Likes