JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Two Samsung Smart TVs, two remotes

(Topic created: 06-14-2017 05:09 PM)
CamaroMike
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

We have a Samsung smart tv in our kitchen, an another in the adjacent family room. They are separated by a wall and a short hallway so you can't see tv#1 when watching tv#2.  If the tv in the kitchen is off, and the one in the family room is on, and someone turns on the kitchen tv... the family room tv powers down.  Both TVs have wifi and are on the home network.

Obviously it's something to do with the remotes.  Is there a way that I can dictate that the kitchen tv remote signals are not picked up by the family room tv? Guess I'd have to "program" both remotes to only work line of sight? That's IR right? Not RF.

Thanks in advance for the help.-Mike

JUMP TO SOLUTION
42 Replies
user9eRRgnJPfR
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

This worked pretty well for us. Thanks!
We have two TVs next to each other. 
WIth the straw trick you can control the tv directly in front of you and not set off the tv across from you. 
This does not work if you are trying to only control the tv across from you.

image.jpg

0 Likes
user1bpSh63WiF
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello! 

This is very late but I had the same problem too with a Samsung 6 series (approx 2016?)and the new frame 2020. The new controller for the frame in my bedroom kept changing the channels on the TV in the livingroom. Buy a cheap control replacement for Samsung from Amazon approx $8.00 and your problems will be fixed! I think the reason this worked is because the cheap replacements (not Samsung brand ones) have a cheap little light that isn't as good as the Samsung remote one. This has worked great and I haven't had any issues since changing remotes.

0 Likes
user9DUG7k8kiJ
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Yes.  Make them both IR only.  See the manual on the remote to change it. 

0 Likes