JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

XBOX Series X emerging issue - no sound on games after latest TV update v 1401.

(Topic created: 09-26-2022 04:00 AM)
JaimeCLT
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

An issue is being tracked on the XBOX forums where after the Samsung TV 1401 update, sound while playing games in the XBOX series X just stops. You have to unplug the TV and plug back on for the sound to come back.   It is only happening on Samsung TVs. Clearly some HDMI interface problem introduced or exposed with the latest Samsung TV update.    Samsung support calls did not help.    If interested in thread, go here (add "https:" as the forum blocks URLS):  //answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/certain-games-on-my-xbox-series-x-launch-with-no/da2ae3...

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Steve in CA
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Thanks, the hold the power button reset works.

Although this works for me, it is still frustrating.

View solution in context

0 Likes
34 Replies
Moore349
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Same problem! Random sound loss...painful. 

jnb2773
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Same here

I have to unplug the tv every time and it happens too often.

0 Likes
JaimeCLT
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Try pressing and holding the on/off button on the *remote* and it should hard-restart the TV and fix.

Solution
Steve in CA
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Thanks, the hold the power button reset works.

Although this works for me, it is still frustrating.

0 Likes
user9NW2tv5lPh
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Yes I'm having the same issue. 

Zhul
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
Same issue and I am livid. I will never own another Samsung TV. Total piece of trash. Also the remote eats batteries.
Snajk
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Same issue for me as well. 

0 Likes
x_ZooSe
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Same problem here. Only happened since the 1401 update. I have tried different HDMI ports, different audio settings on both the TV and the Xbox Series X. I tried another display and I could not replicate the issue. This is a Samsung problem. One way to resolve the issue temporarily is to hold the standby button on the remote for 10 seconds or so but you have to do this after exiting every single game you play. Again, this is a Samsung problem. Do not refer users to Microsoft. This is only happening on Samsung displays. I have the Q70.

Diaboyos
Honored Contributor
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
Apparently the 1401 update messed up the sound on many devices. Have you filled out an error report?
0 Likes