JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

i need help A.S.A.P - TV flickering/flashing

(Topic created: 11-27-2022 10:03 PM)
alejandro291
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I wanted to make you aware of a known issue (according to Google) with the Samsung 50" Smart TVs. we bought this tv roughly 4 years ago I Know that the warranty isn’t valid anymore, however, due to the safety issue, I wanted to provide some supporting information.

If Samsung is aware of this issue and doing "nothing" to alert customers to it, the liability could be very high. Attached is a video of the model and damage done to my 50" TV as a direct result of what seems to be a very serious defect! Thankfully I caught it in time before any personal injury or FIRE erupted! I would have thought Samsung would be a bit more proactive to notify the public about this defect vs. taking the risk of the personal injury and property damage that could surface.

The DEFECT is that the TV recently started to flicker/screen flashing bright and when i when to move the tv is was getting warmer by the second there not a single hit nor thing thrown at it and also there is no way to stop this. 

P.S i posted 2 pictures because i couldn’t post the video but it will go from black to that flash that you can see.

I hope you take this seriously! 

image.jpg

image.jpg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I can definitely understand the concern with this. I would recommend either contacting us through PM or for faster response times calling in at 1 (800) 726-7864 with your full model and serial number, to look into this further and see all options available. 

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I can definitely understand the concern with this. I would recommend either contacting us through PM or for faster response times calling in at 1 (800) 726-7864 with your full model and serial number, to look into this further and see all options available.