cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usert5C3btUKO9
Astronaut

Re: 2017 Samsung MU8000 Turns itself on

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Bought my Samsung 82" MU8000 in January 2018 from Best Buy (about 20 months ago).  About a month ago, the TV turned on by itself in the middle of the night.  Now it is happening during the day, maybe once a week or so.  Like everyone else here I'm looking for a solid solution to this very annoying problem.  Please help.

userVZ5dfX3X6W
Constellation

Re: 2017 Samsung MU8000 Turns itself on

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a 2017 MU8500.  No issues with it until recently when I upgraded my soundbar from an old Vizio (connected via optical) to a Soundcore Infini Pro and switched my old Apple TV to the Apple 4k TV.  Soundbar was connected via HDMI ARC and the Apple 4k TV was connected to the Soundbar via HDMI.  As soon as I turn off the Apple TV and the TV, the TV turns back on.  I'll turn it off again but 5 minutes later the TV is back on.  Rinse and repeat. 

Turning off HDMI CEC wasn't a viable solution.  I figured it might be something with the Apple TV (only thing I could think of even) so I disconnected the Apple TV from the soundbar and connected it directly to the TV.  I still have the soundbar connected via HDMI ARC.  So far no problems with the TV turning on randomly.  But, the downside is that the Apple TV needs to be connected directly to the soundbar for Dolby Atmos, which defeats the point of having Dolby Atmos capable soundbar.  Someone earlier mentioned changing out the HDMI cords to ones that are ARC compatible so I may try that with the original config (Apple TV > Soundbar > TV).  Again this is just a workaround and not a fix.  Very frustrating that Samsung has not found a fix after over 2 years of complaints.