cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: 2017 Samsung MU8000 Turns itself on

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Could you send us a private message so that we can get some additional information? http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

usermECk8MTDF5
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I can’t believe Samsung still has this issue. Clearly customer support is not a priority. Last Samsung TV I buy!

usert5C3btUKO9
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Bought my Samsung 82" MU8000 in January 2018 from Best Buy (about 20 months ago).  About a month ago, the TV turned on by itself in the middle of the night.  Now it is happening during the day, maybe once a week or so.  Like everyone else here I'm looking for a solid solution to this very annoying problem.  Please help.

userVZ5dfX3X6W
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a 2017 MU8500.  No issues with it until recently when I upgraded my soundbar from an old Vizio (connected via optical) to a Soundcore Infini Pro and switched my old Apple TV to the Apple 4k TV.  Soundbar was connected via HDMI ARC and the Apple 4k TV was connected to the Soundbar via HDMI.  As soon as I turn off the Apple TV and the TV, the TV turns back on.  I'll turn it off again but 5 minutes later the TV is back on.  Rinse and repeat. 

Turning off HDMI CEC wasn't a viable solution.  I figured it might be something with the Apple TV (only thing I could think of even) so I disconnected the Apple TV from the soundbar and connected it directly to the TV.  I still have the soundbar connected via HDMI ARC.  So far no problems with the TV turning on randomly.  But, the downside is that the Apple TV needs to be connected directly to the soundbar for Dolby Atmos, which defeats the point of having Dolby Atmos capable soundbar.  Someone earlier mentioned changing out the HDMI cords to ones that are ARC compatible so I may try that with the original config (Apple TV > Soundbar > TV).  Again this is just a workaround and not a fix.  Very frustrating that Samsung has not found a fix after over 2 years of complaints.  

userzsM1XATZoQ
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Had the same issue with our fairly new smart tv turning on at 2am the past two days. Just hung up with Samsung support. We changed a setting that they said will correct. Hopefully it does. Go to setting/Network/Expert setting and make sure the radio button ‘power on with mobile’ is off. Fingers crossed it works.

userTazPkvC0vD
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Wow 30 pages and still no repreive.   I have the same problem 75 inch MU8000 and the TV turns itself on, ramdomly.   I have a cable box attatched to it, a 4k  samsung blu ray player, and a Sony sound bar.  The TV only displays this quirky behavior when the soundbar is plugged into the arc outlet.   So now I have a useless soundbar that has been sitting unger the TV for 2 years now.    Here I sit waiting for the promised HDR10+ firmware update and a fix for the soundbar.   Been sitting a longtime now. 

userbS5TL27Q3M
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine started doing this between 7 am and 730 am consistenly 3 days ago.  This is after 3 weeks with a new yamaha receiver in place replacing the Samsung sound bar.  I can tell you what its NOT after reading thru the various solutions:

1 - not remote battery - used voltmeter

2 - not router:  Samsung was doing naughty things in the middle of the night and flooding the router other times so it is not only OFF the network but BLOCKED and unauthorized.

2A - Cant say its not something related to the background app installs and such the TV was doing that got it booted off the network.  I was seeing a lot of traffic to the samsung ntp or time servers which was followed by smurf attacks.  Anyone seeing those in the logs?

3 - Not remote power on - again no network

4 - not a related devices because nothing else comes on with it. and like a lot of other customers turning off CEC, especially with this AVR, is not an option. 

The samsung remote is doing a good job of contolling the receiver and attached devices and I have rescanned CEC several times in setting that up.

My initial problems with networking started after directv updated it's box and a directv app was auto "magically" installed by the TV.  Samsung techs say the network issue will be solved in firmware fix. Seems they have a lot to fix.  This is my first samsung TV so they had better get it in gear.

userHkkbQs5goJ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello everybody. I've the same configuration as some of you guys do. I have a Q7 2017 + Netgear Nighthawk and since firmware 1280 have been launched I'm facing this issue. For two days ago, I've simply turned off the WiFi connection of my TV to see if it stops turning on, and... It stopped as previewed. As next I've connected my TV through the wired port and the TV is now "quiet" since 2 days.. I hope Samsung bring out ASAP a new firmware solving the strange and apparently "wake on lan" issue !