cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Dark spots on Samsung Tv

JUMP TO SOLUTION

As seen as seen from below pictures there is a dark spot in the middle of the screen. I bought the Tv in 2017 Black Friday from bestbuy so it has been 18 month old. The tv cost $1600 not a cheap tv. Horrible product this is a second Samsung product that went bad, before that I had full HD Samsung that developed 3 vertical lines with green color. Last time I ever buy Samsung product. I’ve seen multiple complaints about the same issue.

I’m filling a consumer report complaint 

61C2F644-0EFE-4E24-8185-D1A938EB9B80.jpeg

A655B36D-A6EB-482C-A588-DB125E88BE0E.jpeg

F2022B54-FEB1-42EE-A44A-61051B122DD2.jpeg

C70DE535-5FA2-4E7F-A1A9-DE904C002F7B.jpeg

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Dark spots on Samsung Tv

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@usermP8DT0Om8i I am sorry to about this! Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01202526/ If you are still seeing the spots, please send a private message with the full model code and serial number so I may look into repair options: http://bit.ly/2XERsky

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

29 REPLIES 29
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would be happy to look into this further. Can you please send a private message to a moderator with the full model and serial numbers of the television as well as if the symptom happens on all sources and the picture test? 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I send the model and serial in private message, the issue happens on all input sources including the in built smart hub. The faded area stays there I also did diagnostic test and the issue exists even did a factory reset.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same problem. This is garbage.  

Highlighted
Astronaut

I believe they may be hot spots. Do to your screan saver...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I believe they may be hot spots. Do to your screan saver not working properly. If I seem to be having an issue like that then I seem to cover the screan its seems to work at times.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: I believe they may be hot spots. Do to your screan saver...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had week squad protection plan and they said it’s a faulty panel and they are replacing my Tv because they don’t have replacement panel.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Having the same issue now. Just purchased tv from Walmart 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just started having this issue on my UN65KS8500 that I bought new a couple years ago. So frustrating and this is the second Samsung I've had something like this occur. Don't think they'd do anything to fix the set at this point

267C3E97-3ABA-4E9D-A49A-A8CE1A13584F.jpeg

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@usertfwvyxF9cE Can you send me a private message using this link here? Provide the following information.

• Model number
  • Serial Number
Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My 15 month old UN 65 has a dark spot on 1/3 of the screen. My old 55 never had an issue.