cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Dark spots on Samsung Tv

@usertfwvyxF9cE Can you send me a private message using this link here? Provide the following information.

• Model number
  • Serial Number
userLH0EY7BH0B
Astronaut

My 15 month old UN 65 has a dark spot on 1/3 of the screen. My old 55 never had an issue. 

spwla
Asteroid

I too have just recently noticed this issue with my MU7000 and the band is becoming more and more prevalent as time goes on.  This issue is an extremely common issue just based on the posts in the Samsung community forums and most posts regarding this issue have photos posted showing the issue. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Hey, give this a shot: Navigate to Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis > Picture Test, and then follow the on-screen directions.

spwla
Asteroid

Thank you @SamsungMod23 for your suggestion to preform the Picture test.  I completed the picture test on my television and it failed all three tests.

I have attached a photo of the Picture Test results:

IMG_0177.JPG

I just noticed that there appears to be a second dark verticle band appearing as is clearly visible in the picture of the Picture Test Result screen.

As it is clearly a rampant issue with Samsung TVs and seems to span the entire model line of TVs; 6 series all the way up to QLED models.

I would greatly appreciate it if someone would address this issue with my TV, as I am extremely frustrated and disappointed that this TV, which is less than 2 years old has such an acute defect, which appears to be getting worse as time progresses.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Oh no!  Could you send me a private message with your full model and serial number? http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

usermP8DT0Om8i
Constellation

I also just got dark spots on my 55" Q70R. TV is only a couple of months old.

Any solutions or take it back to store?

IMG_20191203_154135.jpgIMG_20191203_154639.jpg

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@usermP8DT0Om8i I am sorry to about this! Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01202526/ If you are still seeing the spots, please send a private message with the full model code and serial number so I may look into repair options: http://bit.ly/2XERsky

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userGXkopV2XmB
Constellation

Filing a complaint does no good! Just stop buying Samsung.  I used to swear by them but I just lost another tv to black spots. Stick with LG or Sony

userrQcPFXdYAf
Constellation

Same thing is happening with our less than a year old🙄20200109_201700.jpg

20200109_201652.jpg