Original topic:

Remote not working and red light flashing

(Topic created: 08-12-2019 06:24 PM)
OCRFierce
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello.

Looks like I just fell into the same Remote ‘flashing red, not pairing, not available, tv turning on by itself in the middle of the night’ black hole I’ve seen posted about.  How frustrating!  I have read through the posts and tried everything, yet i cannot get any of the functions to work.  Everything has worked perfectly for over a year.  I’m so confused, please help.

I have UN65KS9500FXZA.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungLarryK
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
  1. Reset the remote.

Remove the batteries, and then press the Power button for eight seconds to reset the remote. Then, reinsert the batteries and try to use the remote again. Check out the user manual if you need help accessing the battery compartment.

Alternately if you have a 2021 Neo QLED, 2021 QLED, or 2021 Frame TV (QN900A, QN800A, QN700A, QN95A, QN90A, QN85A, Q80A, Q70A, Q60A, LS03A):

To reset the remote by press and hold Return and Enter (the center of the navigation pad) for more than 10 seconds. After performing this reset, you will need to pair the remote to the TV again. Skip to step 3.

2. Check if the remote is sending an IR signal.

Take either a digital camera or use the camera on your phone or tablet. Point the remote at the camera, and then press and hold the Power button on the remote. As you hold the button down, look at the camera's screen. If the remote is sending an IR signal, you will see a colored light coming from the remote control.

• If you do not see the IR light, replace the batteries with fresh ones and try again. If you still do not see the IR light, then replace the remote.
    • If your remote is not a Smart Remote, and you see the IR light, turn on your TV using the control on the TV directly. Then, try controlling the TV again by pointing the remote directly at the Samsung logo. If the remote still will not work, visit our Support Center to request service. (If your TV will not turn on when using the control on the TV, see our guide.)

3. If you have a Smart Remote, try to pair it with the TV.

1. Press and hold Return and the button that is diagonally up and to the right of Return. (This is usually the button with 4 colored dots, but can vary depending on the remote) . This will reset the smart remote.
    2. Stand within 1 foot of the TV, and press and hold Return and Play/Pause simultaneously for at least 5 seconds or until a message appears on your TV indicating that the remote is now connected.
    3. Try pressing the back button + the UP button at the same time for  10-20 seconds.

If the remote will not pair:

1. Unplug the TV for 30 seconds, and plug it back in.
    2. Stand within 1 foot of the TV, and press and hold Return and Play/Pause simultaneously for at least 5 seconds or until a message appears on your TV indicating that the remote is now connected.
    3. If the remote still does not pair to the TV, you can either contact us at1-(800) 726-7864 or you can purchase a new remote at samsungparts.com

View solution in context

129 Replies
Solution
SamsungLarryK
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
  1. Reset the remote.

Remove the batteries, and then press the Power button for eight seconds to reset the remote. Then, reinsert the batteries and try to use the remote again. Check out the user manual if you need help accessing the battery compartment.

Alternately if you have a 2021 Neo QLED, 2021 QLED, or 2021 Frame TV (QN900A, QN800A, QN700A, QN95A, QN90A, QN85A, Q80A, Q70A, Q60A, LS03A):

To reset the remote by press and hold Return and Enter (the center of the navigation pad) for more than 10 seconds. After performing this reset, you will need to pair the remote to the TV again. Skip to step 3.

2. Check if the remote is sending an IR signal.

Take either a digital camera or use the camera on your phone or tablet. Point the remote at the camera, and then press and hold the Power button on the remote. As you hold the button down, look at the camera's screen. If the remote is sending an IR signal, you will see a colored light coming from the remote control.

• If you do not see the IR light, replace the batteries with fresh ones and try again. If you still do not see the IR light, then replace the remote.
    • If your remote is not a Smart Remote, and you see the IR light, turn on your TV using the control on the TV directly. Then, try controlling the TV again by pointing the remote directly at the Samsung logo. If the remote still will not work, visit our Support Center to request service. (If your TV will not turn on when using the control on the TV, see our guide.)

3. If you have a Smart Remote, try to pair it with the TV.

1. Press and hold Return and the button that is diagonally up and to the right of Return. (This is usually the button with 4 colored dots, but can vary depending on the remote) . This will reset the smart remote.
    3. Try pressing the back button + the UP button at the same time for  10-20 seconds.

If the remote will not pair:

1. Unplug the TV for 30 seconds, and plug it back in.
    3. If the remote still does not pair to the TV, you can either contact us at1-(800) 726-7864 or you can purchase a new remote at samsungparts.com

OCRFierce
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hi. Yes I am using the original remote.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Have you tried replacing the batteries or trying a different remote?

0 Likes
OCRFierce
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Yes, changed batteries twice.  Just ordered new remote, but was wondering.... is the infrared light on tv supposed to stay on all the time?  I’ve never noticed it before, but do now. AND my TV just turned on by itself again. Ugh.

userMuOo18sfX8
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

On my remote I had to hold the back button + play/pause button at the same time until the pairing showed up on the TV. The TV was on when I did this. 

userbQQy9ZJnjD
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Thanks this fixed my rc

0 Likes
userbHfGJjAvz5
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

This one worked with mines also. I have a QLED with a slim remote. 

Thank you 🙏🏼 so much! 

-Yosh

0 Likes
userccRv9CgNUD
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

This worked for mine too, thanks!

0 Likes
userlLKdualA2x
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Turned TV on/off, unplugged, replaced batteries, and this actually worked thanks!!! Push and hold the back/return :right_arrow_curving_left: and play button :play_button: for like 5 seconds at the same time and it will "pair" again