Original topic:

Samsung KS8000 power cycling

(Topic created: 03-28-2020 03:22 PM)
usernKB7xmfm5J
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

My 65 inch KS8000 will not power on. 

Just does a constant power cycle where the backlight comes on then goes off again. Tried unplugging all cables and using different outlets. Is there a fix for this? 

155 Replies
userayJ9YWE9Up
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Yes, the same thing just happened to me as of 1 hour ago. I'm desperately trying to find a solution because I cannot afford a new tv. You also answered my worst fear of paying for it to be fixed and still not work. Did the repair guy at least come back since they didn't fix the issue?  So it's not the motherboard either? The Samsung people tried to tell me it was because it wasn't getting enough power. They made try a different outlet and still nothing... 😞 

0 Likes
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

We are sorry to hear that could you send us a private message with your full model and serial number? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
SamsungStephanie
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Oh no, please send me a private message with your serial number so that I can look into this further for you. http://bit.ly/2kZXrit

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Rdawkins411
Astronaut
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

@SamsungStephanie I have the same issue. Can you offer assistance? Tv cycles too quickly to access any menu. Mine is an older model than this one. 

0 Likes
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I'm sorry to hear that, can you send me a private message with your full model and serial number? 

0 Likes
user2NqOUDxisa
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

My Samsung UN65KS800D constantly comes on then off and then just blinks like that and I've taken the back off to troubleshoot wich is simple procedure and figured it out that it was a main board. I've bought this crapp thinking it's going to be a good set but then shortly after this happens.. This set was slightly over a year old and after it broke I put it in my garage and ever since couldn't use it... So if you guys don't want same problem don't ever buy Samsung products again because this is 6 tvs or products (refrigerator, washer&Dryer) by Samsung that keeps on breaking.... JUST STAY AWAY FROM THIS JUNK)

0 Likes
user0H9XbESA8X
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I have Samsung UN49NU8000 and Vizio soundbar. From time to time I was temporarily losing the Sound or could not connect bar at all. Then I did: go to Settings > Expert Setting > HDMI Input Audio Format and choose PCM (later you can try Bitstream).

Then go to Digital Output Audio Format and choose PCM.

Since my bar works without any problems.

0 Likes
userU2BNXnUcus
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I bought my un55ks8000 on 11/27/2016.

Samsung did a one time fix on the screen just after my 2 year warranty expired in 2018.

Last night my TV began power cycling continuously.

Before I throw this $1000+ TV in the trash, I would like to know if you could do a one time fix on it, since this model seems to be notorious for power cycling.......

Cindy-Flores89
Product Expert
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Hey there, I'm sorry you're having this issue. I understand you dont want to waste your money like that, let me get a @SamsungModerator to further assist you with this issue. 

0 Likes
userPLDQZHvgeY
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I bought my KS8000 in Q1 2017, less than 2 years later it seems my KS8000 has succumbed to this dreaded power cycling issue that so many others on this forum have also experienced.  

I called Samsung customer support went through all troubleshooting attempts and was told to contact a local Samsung affiliated third party technician on my dime. It's really sad that as customers we spend thousands of dollars on these tvs, and on average it seems this model craps out between one to two years after purchase. Just outside of the warranty.   And Samsung does not help or has not offered to assist on what is most certainly a manufacturing defect.

Unfortunately this is not my first experience with a Samsung tv crapping out. I lost my 2012 LCD due to a capacitator issue that was wide spread. Last time I gave Samsung the benefit of the doubt and bought another expensive Samsung tv a few years later.  This time, I'm not so sure I can continue supporting this brand.  Hope Samsung can make this right.