cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
razal337
Cosmic Ray

Smart TV Reset, Black Screen Issue Resolution

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ok everyone...here is what you need to know. I just got off the phone with Geek Squad. There is an update available. It is not being pushed to everyone's TVs automatically because if Samsung dithat their servers would be brought to their knees. They have been doing selective or rolling updates. That said, if you contact whomever you have service through they will perform the update remotely. (at least this is what Best Buy Geek Squad just did). You do not lose your calibration settings if done correctly. Hope this helps!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Smart TV Reset, Black Screen Issue Resolution

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well everyone, this thread has been around for a year today so I wanted to update all the troubleshooting you should try with this issue. 

If you do not see a picture but have sound.

First off this issue can be coming from a few things. Your source is causing issues, your cable is causing an issue, a setting is causing an issue, ECT. Please do the following and see if it helps. 

First see if you can open up your menu by pressing the menu button. If this menu pops up, you are having and issue with the source. Try a different source and cable that is connecting the source. If you have this issue on all sources, please try a factory reset on this TV. 

If you do not see the menu, that means your TV will need to be serviced. I will provide a link at the bottom of this post to "where you can set this device up for service". 

If you do not see a picture or sound. 

As for this issue, most times it ends in service but you should try the following before servicing the device. 

First, please make sure your TV is connected directly to the wall outlet. If it is, please test the TV in another power outlet. 

Next. Do the menu test. Just open it up and see if you see the menu. If you do see the menu, the issue is coming from the external source and you need to test the cable and the source. If you have this issue on all sources, please try a factory reset on this TV. 

If you do not see the menu. this will lead to service. Here is a link to where you can set your device up for service. http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/request  

*Please understand that if your TV is having any issue, it is probably going to come from the "screen going out". So even if your device is having the "same issue" there is a good chance you are experiencing a different cause. The troubleshooting provided here is super general and just a quick test to see what ball park you are in. Please post any "differences" and I will update this post so the next person can see it. Thanks for the help everyone. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

244 REPLIES 244
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ello again,

Thanks for helping out here in the community. At this point, we are aware of the power cycling issue and are working to resolve it. The things you have suggested may help this issue. Also, I would like to bring attention to the following information about calibrating your TV. http://support-us.samsung.com/cyber/popup/iframe/pop_troubleshooting_fr.jsp?idx=543478&modelname=UN5... This provides a little information on the usefulness and how calibration works with your Samsung TV.

Also, below is the given steps that we have at this time for this issue. To anyone that visits this thread, you can try this too if the steps provided by Razal337 does not help with this. 

You can temporarily resolve the issue by following these simple steps:

1. Access the settings menu by pressing the Menu button on your Samsung TV remote.

2. Navigate to Support and press Enter.

3. Navigate to Self Diagnosis and press Enter.

4. Highlight Reset and press Enter.

5. The default PIN is 0000. If you changed the PIN, please enter the PIN you created.

6. The TV will reset and reboot. When the TV powers back on, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the initial setup. The TV should no longer power on and off intermittently.

If you do still have this issue after this, please let us know. We appreciate all feedback and want all our customers to enjoy there devices to the fullest. 

Again Thank you for your help Razal337.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

dharper003
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you...I've tried the steps you outlined and so far, my tv has not cycled off.

bdenison
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same exact issue. My TV has started blacking out intermitently which started several weeks back. I purchased the TV at Best Buy in November and according to the updates, everything is applied.

I have reset the TV as directed and will see if it works. If not I guess its a call to Best Buy.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi bdenison.  Could you provide the model of the television?

paulors
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Did anybody has replaced its Samsung by another brand and solved this problem?

My TV is brand new, I can return that to COSTCO, so I'm thinking about getting a LG.

Really desapointing whats going on. If my old 1080P TV was working with my system, the new 4K one should work as well. By the way, my HDMI cables are new and I actually bought a Monster Cable (US$80.00) and still have issues. 

I'm just curious if people had success replacing the TV brand?

bdenison
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Its a UN50JS7000FXZA. 

As an update, I followed the instructions for reseting the TV, which did not help the situation. I am hoping for a quick solution and not have to call out a tech.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello, BDenison. For clarification purposes…. Do you hear audio when the TV blacks out, or is the TV completely powering off?

paulors
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

In my case the the TV blackens (no picture) and the audio continue playing.

Then I need to turn the TV off and turn it on again.

I have my TV on "probation", it happened today. Please either explain what is going on or provide a solution, otherwise I'll return the TV. 

Model 55JU650D

Thanks

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If you are still having the symptoms, service is the next step. If you would like for it to be set up, please confirm the serial number of the television? Thank You ^Heath