cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Asteroid

UN55NU6900 black shadow on half of screen

I'm having the same issue with my UN55NU6900 as many others. I have only had this TV for 1.5 years. These is completely ridiculous. The shadow is now taking up the whole right half of the screen. The picture diagnostic does nothing.20201130_141728.jpg I have been a long time Samsung customer and can't believe my only option is to pay $200 just to have someone come out and look at it. That doesn't even include whatever parts need to be replaced.

9 REPLIES 9
Explorer

Re: UN55NU6900 black shadow on half of screen

did you try a reset
Asteroid

Yes, tried to reset twice but the picture still has the same shadow.

Explorer

200 is ridiculous you can buy a new one for 400
Explorer

I have the 50 inch nu6900
does this happen always or just on the hdmi connect . or apps too
Asteroid

The shadow is always there on my 55in NU6900 regardless of the source or app. I also have the 50in NU6900 that was bought 1 year ago, that one hasn't had any issues, but now im just expecting the same thing to happen one day.

Asteroid

Yes its happening on all sources and apps

Explorer

I know you don't want to hear this but it is cyber Monday I saw some really great deals on tvs out there . You can get a qled for a really good price . it really does not pay to fix it .
Asteroid

Yeah unfortunately that's looking like my best option. Now I just need to determine if I trust Samsung enough to buy another.

Astronaut

so this seems to be happening on the same TV's. I also have the UN55NU6900 and I'm experiencing the same issue.