Original topic:

A52 5g gets hotter faster with these new updates?

(Topic created: Thursday)
lizviolet00
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Its like now i HAVE to take off the phone case to comfortably charge it. I dont wanna upgrade, bc i want to keep this phone for at least 3 more years, and having a samsung with sd card slots and a headphone jack are becoming rare? What else can i do to keep my phone cool. I use medium power saving and basic battery protection. 

And just in case, what's the newest USA availible phone that has sd slot and a jack?
7 Replies
userra
Comet
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
If it is hot, turn it off before charging or using can damage it. Mine was damaged that way. I heard aluminum cases are great for dissipating heat. My A14 had the headphone jack and SD card, and yeah, it seems not a trend but are great features. Could it be a third-party app making it great that you notice in your history that you think could be a problem. Log the time it gets hot and compare surg phone history is where I would start.
0 Likes
lizviolet00
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Does that mean i need a diff thing to use as my alarm clock?

Also whats surg phone history?
userra
Comet
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
No, you can still your use your alarm clock. I think that's always on, but you may be right it could be an error, but I have no knowledge, lol. What else besides alarm clock shows? :alarm_clock:ļø
0 Likes
userra
Comet
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
So you clear your memory frequently the little broom widget? And RAM plus set to 4g I think I can't remember but the highest number one could help.
0 Likes
Peaches49
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I have a A54 5g and it gets very hot as well. I need to know how to keep cool as well.
userra
Comet
Options
Are you using a Samsung only charger that helps a lot. Motion smoothness set to Standard, adaptive brightness. Maybe they need to come out with heat sink cases for these hot phones lol
0 Likes
realaud
Neutron Star
Options

Download the Good Guardians app from the Galaxy Store.  It has a thermal guardian module, that can help you analyze under what circumstances (or if) your phone is exceeding heat thresholds. Circumstances like high CPU usage, charging, etc. You can then use that information to adjust your habits accordingly.  It will show you a graph of patterns. If there are dot points on that graph, if you click the dot, it will show you what is causing the heat. For instance, if it tells you "high battery consumption", or "high CPU usage" if you click the box it will tell you which app(s) have caused it. 

In most cases, periods of heat are normal, what you are looking for is sustained periods of high thermal activity.  Even if your phone feels hot at times, it may not meet the thermal threshold that would indicate a serious problem.  This Samsung app will help you make those determinations. Electronics generate heat in normal use, it's an ebb and flow kind of thing.

0 Likes