JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

A53 5G terrible camera results -- normal?

(Topic created: 11-05-2023 10:44 PM)
Mike75338
Cosmic Ray
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

20231105_142852.jpg

The above is a photo I took today with the Galaxy A53 5G. It shows the extreme texturing that can appear on some of my photos. I don't know why this happens under some unspecified circumstances. The photos become highly unrealistic and highly disappointing.

Anyone else see this behavior? Know how to get rid of it? (I've tried every setting I can find, but since the problem doesn't occur all the time, it's not easy to get rid of.) Are cameras on all Samsung phones this bad?

My previous phone was an LG V20, and the drop in quality has been shocking. It's like going from a Nikon to a toy camera. I'm hoping there are hidden settings people know to correct this.

P.S. It appears my previous post on the same topic got a reply, but I missed the notification, and now it has been archived by Samsung so I can't read it. If you replied, thank you, and if you don't mind replying again, that would be great.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Mike75338
Cosmic Ray
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Thanks again to all who responded. Because the A53 5G often takes decent photos, I've concluded the issue must be with its photo-processing software, which does a terrible job under some lighting conditions (which seem to include detailed scenes with very high contrast). It's a pity, because otherwise it's a good phone at a reasonable price. But because photos are so important to me, it's not a good phone for me.

I considered switching to an iPhone, but instead ordered a new phone in the "S" series. I'm counting on its camera's being a major improvement. I hope it comes through!

View solution in context

7 Replies
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I hate to tell you but all a series aren't any good
Arteree
Cosmic Ray
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
No, not all samsung cameras are bad. If you haven't already, maybe try watching some YouTube videos that showcase the A53 camera. If the results are similar to yours, it's probably just because the A53 is a budget phone. The regular s23, s22, and even s21 have amazing camera results and they are just the basic version of their phone models.
Arteree
Cosmic Ray
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
If this is your new phone, I would consider returning it and getting a regular s21. Similar price, but wayyy better quality.
Mike75338
Cosmic Ray
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Unfortunately, I've already had it for 16 months, so returning it is not a possibility.

0 Likes
Mike75338
Cosmic Ray
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Thanks to those who recommended the "S" series.

At the time I was looking, reviews of the A53 5G said it had a good camera. I guess they didn't encounter this particular flaw in their tests. And of course, all reviews can have errors.

Also at that time, the "S" series cost 4 to 5 times what the "A" series did. As a retired person, I didn't want to spend that. But maybe it's better to get a last-generation "S" than the latest "A".

angielyn
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I was just at a concert and I have the a53 and it was horrible! A flip phone would have been about the same quality.
Solution
Mike75338
Cosmic Ray
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Thanks again to all who responded. Because the A53 5G often takes decent photos, I've concluded the issue must be with its photo-processing software, which does a terrible job under some lighting conditions (which seem to include detailed scenes with very high contrast). It's a pity, because otherwise it's a good phone at a reasonable price. But because photos are so important to me, it's not a good phone for me.

I considered switching to an iPhone, but instead ordered a new phone in the "S" series. I'm counting on its camera's being a major improvement. I hope it comes through!